So much fustration!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much fustration!!!

As if living life from a wheelchair and having MS isnt enough and 9 Dr's saying I need to get on SSD So I get online and after a few Hrs online doing the best I can to fill everything out
    I get my letter of denial I have 32 credits and they say I need 40. They said the last time I was elgiable for SSD was 12.29.09 ???? I didnt need it then...Plus I have been on unemployment for almost 2 years due to being laid off.

I ask the guy at the SS office so your telling me I need to go get a job till I get enough points then reaply?
    Would getting a laywer even help me right now?
    There is no way I can get ssi. I have worked since I was 15 and paid into SS now I am 34 and disabiled and I cant get any help.... I am so sad and upset right now.
    Skinny/Jess

In Limbo for 7 years. MS Dx July 2011. I am a Copaxone Cutie

Talk with an attorney. You may be able to back up the time of your disability onset. My sister has been sick for years applied for SSDI and was denied in 1995, she has not worked since and did not appeal. Two years ago, after multiple hospitalizations, her case worker urged her to file again. She was denied SSDI because of credits but was awarded SSI as her husband gets frequent lay-offs.
    Had she not been represented by an attorney at her hearing, she may not have received any thing.

Comment

Hi, skinny and mtnwillow. Skinny, it sound like SSA was saying that you were last insured for disability benefits as of the end of December 2009, but you should double check on this. This is called the date last insured for benefits.

As mentioned, if you can establish that your disability commenced prior to your date last insured for Disability Insurance Benefits, you can be eligible for receive those benefits.

As far as SSI benefits goes, having worked does not disqualify you for SSI, but over limit assets or income (yours or your spouse's) can disqualify you.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
      X