Never expected this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never expected this!

So, things got pretty bad last Friday. My DH & I got into an argument, we're both just stressed out right now. Anyhow, I am so tired of it all so I took a bunch of my meds so I could hopefully get more than a few hours sleep. I wasn't trying to kill myself, just go to sleep but I realized that the combination of the meds in a much higher amount could've done just that. I freaked out, tried to call my DH & DD but they didn't answer, so I sent a text. One of my DD called me, obviously freaked out.

I'm writing this so nothing happened, well, actually my DD sent us a letter basically disowning us. She said a lot mean things (some true but still mean) & told us never to call her, text or email that if she ever decided to, she'd call us. This sucks!! Like life isn't hard enough, now my kids are disowning me. My DIL is supposed to be here in 2wks with my granddaughter who I've never met but I'm not sure I'll get to see her! My heart is breaking!!

I know life hasn't been easy for them, I just never thought this would happen. I'm going to be starting therapy, I pray it helps. I love my family too much to lose them!!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Originally posted by Luv2Worship View Post
    I'm going to be starting therapy, I pray it helps. I love my family too much too lose them!!
    I hope with time the family difficulties can be worked out If you and your family are willing you can also do family therapy as well as your individual therapy.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

HUGS! I hope that you can work out your family problems. I am sure your DD was just scared and is now frustrated. HUGS and best of luck.
      Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
      ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

That is why my wife sets up my meds for the week in one of those containers, because with memory loss it would be easy to take too many, and if I think I need more I have to ask, as there are many accidental suicide because of things like this happening.

Maybe writing a letter back and explain what happened was a mistake and the only reason you texted her was because you were afraid of dying and was reaching out for help because you want to be here for them.

Comment

So, things got pretty bad last Friday. My DH & I got into an argument, we're both just stressed out right now, anyhow, I am so tired of it all so I took a bunch of my meds so I could hopefully get more than a few hours sleep. I wasn't trying to kill myself, just go to sleep but I realized that the combination of the meds in a much higher amount could've done just that. I freaked out, tried to call my DH & DD but they didn't answer so I sent a text. One of my DD called me, obviously freaked out. I'm writing this so nothing happened, well, actually my DD sent us a letter basically disowning us. She said a lot mean things (some true but still mean) & told us never to call her, text or email that if she ever decided to, she'd call us. This sucks!! Like life isn't hard enough, now my kids are disowning me. My DIL is supposed to be here in 2wks with my granddaughter who I've never met but I'm not sure I'll get to see her! My heart is breaking!!

Iknow life hasn't been easy for them, I just never thought this would happen. I'm going to be starting therapy, I pray it helps. I love my family too much too lose them!!
          Okay, I'm trying to keep all the DD's straight. Is the DD that you texted the one that's disowning you? Because you had an incident with your meds? Or was something else the cause of it?

I would certainly hope that your visit with your DIL would still happen, unless you now expect the whole family to follow suit in a domino type fashion.

As far as the incidents with the meds, I can relate. I don't keep my meds in a pill box, because I learned a long time ago when I was working, that if some reason an ambulance driver or police officer is looking at your stuff - they want to know what's in that pill box and if you have a prescription for it. The ambulance by personal experience, and the police because I worked for a defense attorney for a while and one of his clients had a drug charge that couldn't be dismissed until she provided a letter from her medical provider that she had a script for the med in her pill box. Remember Winona Ryder's shoplifting arrest with the Oxycontin possession charge? Same thing - was in an unlabeled container and not in her prescription bottle. Anyway, when my youngest son was an infant, he was up frequently enough that I couldn't stay awake long enough to feed him - I'd feed him in bed, so I ended up being so tired that I couldn't remember if I took my epilepsy medication.....so on days I couldn't remember, I didn't take anything when I remembered. Of course, I ended up seizing - but it made me learn to, when possible, take morning meds right out of bed (or right after getting to work) and evening meds right before going to bed.
          Diagnosis: May, 2008
          Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Luv2Worship,

I really hate to hear about the problems with your family. I will pray for you.

Best,
            T2B
            , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

The daughter that says she is disowning us is almost 23, I know she is venting, her dad & I made a lot of mistakes when the kids were growing up. Unfortunately, kids don't realize that parenthood doesn't come with instructions, you just learn as you go, until they have children themselves.

My son is in the Army, stationed in Germany but he was deployed to Afghanistan a month ago. She has told him not to call us so that we don't stress him out. I'm trying hard not to be mad but I am...how dare she? Ugh, it hurts my heart too much right now. Thanks for the words of support!

Comment

My son is in the Army, stationed in Germany but he was deployed to Afghanistan a month ago. She has told him not to call us so that we don't stress him out. I'm trying hard not to be mad but I am...how dare she? Ugh, it hurts my heart too much right now. Thanks for the words of support!
                How dare she? After calling and texting your children that you took too many medications in my view her concern that you might stress out a young man in an already unimaginable stressful combat situation seems legit to me.

You are the parent please if you need assitance in a medical emergency call 911 not one of your children.

While I truly hope she is able to forgive you and move forward with some sort of a relationship I would bet this wasn't the first incident based on her strong reaction.

Do you have a counselor you can speak with? They can be helpful for family healing.
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                Anonymous

Comment

call and talk to her and apolgize to her and explain what happened and that you just wanted to tell someone. i would imangine by her response to that it was not the first thing that made her do that there needs to be some counseling on both ends here especially if you want a relationship in the end. which i know you do. good luck to you

Comment

First of all, I am sorry for all you are struggling with. Sounds like this is a chronic situation that went into a crisis state.

But FIRST sweetie, you need to get yourself together.. with professional help. Your children obviously are reacting to a history of stressors in your family.. give them some time and space. When YOU are together and remaining stable, THEY will see it and feel more secure.

Your user name indicates to me that perhaps you are a woman of faith.. use it now. Work on self first...the rest will follow.

Its very serious to mess up with sedating meds. Sounds like to me, that you didn't care how much you took as long as it "knocked you out".. right? Hon, that is very dangerous.

Making a choice to "overdose the meds" or not pay attention to HOW much indicates a need for help. None of this means you are a "bad" person but a stressed one who is coping in unhealthy ways.

We're here for you, but please get a therapist. I will validate that you are in a very stressful situation..but its your responsibility to ASK for professional help..can you try at least?

Keep us posted as to how you are doing.. and where you went for help hon

Hugs, Jan
                    I believe in miracles~!
                    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                      How dare she? After calling and texting your children that you took too many medications in my view her concern that you might stress out a young man in an already unimaginable stressful combat situation seems legit to me.
                      Be sure to call or text your son and tell him you love him and after that only tell him good news untill he is out of that hell-hole.

Get yourself some help and let your daughter cool down for a while.

Don't be too hard on yourself or your children. I think your whole family is under stress knowing where your son is.
                      I imagine the thought of your son being deployed in a dangerous place is causing you extra stress?

I will pray you get the help and strength you will need to make your family life better.

Comment

You've gotten a lot of great advice and support, especially from Jan. She always knows just what to say to make the situation better. So I just wanted to stop by and give you a hug and let you know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Big hugs,

Lisa
                        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

UPDATE!!

Hey everyone! Well, its been a few weeks since my emotional overload & I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing great! I met with my pastor & let him know what was going on & the support I received was just what I needed. No condemnation at all! It also seemed to open a door of communication between me & my DH. I think its almost impossible to look up when you seem to be spiraling down!

I haven't had any communication with my DD, I am respecting her request for space but things with my youngest DD & my son have really improved! In fact, they both have told me what a change they have seen! I am a woman of faith & this testing of my faith has brought me closer to God in a way I've NEVER experienced!

My DIL arrived from Germany yesterday with my 4mo old grand daughter. She came over today & I was able to hold her for the first time!! We had such an amazing visit!

Thank you for all your words of encouragement & prayers!

I

Comment

Hey everyone! Well, its been a few weeks since my emotional overload & I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing great! I met with my pastor & let him know what was going on & the support I received was just what I needed. No condemnation at all! It also seemed to open a door of communication between me & my DH. I think its almost impossible to look up when you seem to be spiraling down!

I haven't had any communication with my DD, I am respecting her request for space but things with my youngest DD & my son have really improved! In fact, they both have told me what a change they have seen! I am a woman of faith & this testing of my faith has brought me closer to God in a way I've NEVER experienced!

My DIL arrived from Germany yesterday with my 4mo old grand daughter. She came over today & I was able to hold her for the first time!! We had such an amazing visit!

Thank you for all your words of encouragement & prayers!

I
                            I'm so glad that things are working out for you and you're feeling better! Like a little child, sometimes we have to fall down before we learn to reach up and hold onto our Father's hand.

I'll keep praying that your daughter comes around. Sometimes it just takes time.

Big hugs,

Lisa
                            Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

So, things got pretty bad last Friday. My DH & I got into an argument, we're both just stressed out right now. Anyhow, I am so tired of it all so I took a bunch of my meds so I could hopefully get more than a few hours sleep. I wasn't trying to kill myself, just go to sleep but I realized that the combination of the meds in a much higher amount could've done just that. I freaked out, tried to call my DH & DD but they didn't answer, so I sent a text. One of my DD called me, obviously freaked out.

I'm writing this so nothing happened, well, actually my DD sent us a letter basically disowning us. She said a lot mean things (some true but still mean) & told us never to call her, text or email that if she ever decided to, she'd call us. This sucks!! Like life isn't hard enough, now my kids are disowning me. My DIL is supposed to be here in 2wks with my granddaughter who I've never met but I'm not sure I'll get to see her! My heart is breaking!!

I know life hasn't been easy for them, I just never thought this would happen. I'm going to be starting therapy, I pray it helps. I love my family too much to lose them!!
                              What does DD ad DH stand for? I see you guys post it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X