VA prescriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA prescriptions

Does anybody know if civilian drug stores will take a VA script? reason I am asking is my wife and I are both on the same 2 drugs, I pay 27.00 for 90day thru the VA , she gets hers thru walmart or CVS for $12.00 for ninety days, thats $120.00 a year I could save on them. I can't go to the same dr as she does as I have no insurance and by the time I pay him I would loose the savings.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

You VA doctor CAN write you a script to get filled outside the VA. CATCH.. It will/should read that it can NOT be filled at GOV expense. Still, in your case it would $AVE you money.

Since I also see nonVA doc for msot things other than MS, My MS neuro has written a note for my outside famdoc and he Rxs it for me instead.

Copaxone VA $9/30 days
    ...... Local Drug store $3,000.00++++

Baby aspirin VA $9/30 days,
    .....local drug store $3=/- for many months worth

Go figure?

Gomer

Comment

Thanks Gomer, someone told me somewhere, sometime, that I couldn't get them filled or that they wouldn't write one.

Are you not service connected? I was told that now I am for my MS that all of my MS drugs and treatment are no charge and no copay
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Because they CAN, does not mean they WILL? Policy may vary by VA facility and/or doctor.

SC?......... Well I SHOULD be, long story.<br><br>I mostly gave up on it last year.

-1- MY PVA rep has been worthless. I gathered all I could, should have been enough, even had a signed letter from a former shipmate about vision issue. I have records regarding the MS related diplopia and problems of NOT getting proper glasses etc.

-2- My NS neuro last year said NO PROBLEM showing the service connection, but did not have needed records with me. Then this year I had the records and once he saw "NO PATHOGYES" he would not read further; I did not even get to explain the issue etc. As usual they run behind, last year it was 3 full hours behind. To say the least the eye exam was totally worthless! I was there because I was having more of a PROBLEM (in JULY of course).

Same thing happened in summer time at my first duty station in Pensacola, summer-time as well. I gave up getting proper glasses with the needed prisms and went off-base to outside eye docs after that. In Pensacola (my first duty station) I had been ordered (eye, exam) because I was having vision issues. It IS in my enlistment record, "strabismus 1yr"
        One evening I was nearly run down after getting off the USO bus in Pensacola… vision problem. MY problem was no so much as acuity usually about 20/25 or so, it was and is the dang DIPLOPIA!

My non-VA doc, that opened the MS can –o-worms in the first place (in ’09) swears it is nuro-muscular/MS related. I may (feel like not bothering) try and get a letter from HIM. IF he will listen to the whats and whys things happened and do a letter to aid in the SC issue. My civilian eye doc is EX military soe that could cut either way (help or hinder???) Sometimes I feel I am fighting too many battles at once. All I need him to put into writing is “it is as likely as not” , a 50/50 is supposed to favor me.

When I was on the JFK, off the east coast I was hand selected (as a LIFER) for a mag interview. The CWO asked me if I was going to ship-over (re-enlist) I told him I had 314 days left and was NOT! He asked WHY? My main number one reason I gave him in front of the reporter was problems with medical care. He dogged me the whole med cruse, I even refused to try for E6, fearing I would make it and tempt me.

I also had problems with my back, a leg/knee an even was admitted due to temporary blood sugar/pancreas related problem. One morning the sick bay doc said if I could pass a urine sugar test I could return to duty and “forget” it ever happened. The urine test & issue is entirely MIA from my file, just a note I had to see the doc before I could leave sick bay.

Gomer a title I earned the hard way.

Comment

Working...
        X