No announcement yet.

Got my SC approval today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Scooter the 1st of the month unless the 1st falls on the weekend like this weekend, Oct 1 is saturday so it will deposit to your account on friday, side note you can call VA 1 800 827 1000 and it will tell you that it has been deposited. Also since you have Ebenfits you can track it there by going to the dashboard and following its prompts

Comment

Is it like SSDI, you get your money on the first for the month before? That is what I am figuring as I got 2 months less than I thought I would, probably didn't get the first month either as my claim date was the 2nd.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

SSDI is diffrent i get my ssdi on the 3rd wendsday of every month

Comment

Not sure what some things are

What is an SC, SX, PVA...
          Im new to all this and have a very long story of my Medevac from Iraq which my Neuro thinks was my first Flare up of MS...
          So im in need of good direction before I go all out with the Army and the Va on this one....

Any direction would be great...

Joe

Comment

SC= Service connected, basically for me it means I was able to prove that I had ms while still active duty or within 7 years of discharge

SX= symptoms

PVA= Paralyzed veterans Association, they help you preparing your claim for SC and go to bat for you with the VA at NO Cost to you.

You need to google Veterans With MS and go from there I was ther same way and am still learing some of the abbreviations used here, I have been out too long and terms have changed alot, plus as there are different services represented her it is also difficult as each has thier own.

I hve no knowledge how it works if you are still active duty, but others here I am sure can help you. Good luck.
            Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

PVA is the wy to go, otherwise you end up screwing yourself out of alot of stuff..BIGGEST Thing i can stay enough dont feel guilty and GO for all your entitled too.And know way does that mean your highjacking the system. You did your part in service to Country and they need to step up to the plate for you NOW. And keep hard copies of every medical record you have

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw4 View Post
                What is an SC, SX, PVA...
                Im new to all this and have a very long story of my Medevac from Iraq which my Neuro thinks was my first Flare up of MS...
                So im in need of good direction before I go all out with the Army and the Va on this one....

Any direction would be great...

Joe
                At the top of this forum you'll see a thread called Sticky Thread Stuff. I tried to put as much info as I could into something that's easy to read. Its really basic (on purpose) and its geared more for former service folks dealling with the VA but you might find it worth the time.
                Over the last couple of years the VA has become a lot more friendly to vets with MS, but keep in mind that while the VA is big and has a federal budget thru the DOD, it still has a budget.
                The VA can also be a unique experience in that its Federal but a lot of your experience can be determinded by a small group of people, namely the people you deal with. Sometimes that's great, sometimes it isn't, and its up to you to make sure you're being heard.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys on this post, I have over the last few weeks been having issues with my vision but as I am on Beta Serin was under the impression that the medication is supposed to keep me stable where i am, but this vission thing is totally new.
                  any info or direction is appreciated.

Thanks Joe

Comment

Working...
                  X