Muscle pain healing time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscle pain healing time?

I'm just wondering if there's any correlation between the time it takes muscles to heal (after a workout for example) and MS. I don't exactly exercise regularly, but I went to the gym on Monday, and I can barely move my arms today, even though it's been three days. I don't remember ever having muscle pain for this long, prior to my dx.

I guess I'm wondering if anybody else finds that the lactic acid and muscle pains take longer to heal than with non-MS people, or if I'm just whiny and weird, haha. I consider myself to have high pain tolerance, but this is just brutal. I also find that bruises hurt more, they stay longer, and injuries generally take longer to heal now. Just wondering what everybody else thinks!

Thanks!!

Jen

Yep!

I'm in the same boat. Personally, I think it's an MS 'thing'. I've had this for years. I tried bicycles in an effort to continue exercising, but it makes my thighs burn abominably after just 10 minutes and never gets any better after months of cycling every day.

When I get muscle soreness, it takes almost 5 days after the soreness sets in before I am fully recovered. My DH, on the other hand, gets sore sooner (the same day, where mine takes two days to fully develop), and is better by the next day!

Comment

Working...
    X