Going to the VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to the VA

well if your going to the VA for your MS you can schedule all your appointments in one day, and have everything done in one day...... thats what i do works out great mybe the first time around its pretty rough but its just learning the ropes, well it might help to that i have a priority one classification in the VA rating system to.. anyway good luck, and with every other goverment/milatary thing you all know its hurry up and wait, keep the line tight and make your buddy infront of you smile

wish I could get 2 appointments in the same day, the 2 times I have they were about 6 hrs apart, I have one in 2 weeks, I get my TY infusion at 730 and gp appt is at 330, tried to change both and they are booked up, even tried different days n/g. as it is 50 mile round trip I usually end up going back home for while, it just screws up the whole day.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I'm going to try bundling my appointments and see what happens.
      I do twice a year/yearly appts now for neurology, optical, and general heathcare (Yea! I've got borderline high blood pressure! ). It would be great if I could knock out at least two appts at a time plus I think it would help all the docs stay on the same page.

Comment

Scooter.........ONLY 50 miles round trip!

One time I was at the VA walk-in year ago, 7:30 am. By the time I was actually seen in the walk-in clinic, the specialty or lab he wanted to have me go to immediately was already closed. A total waste, and did not bother trying to follow up.

For me its closer to 40 mile one way, and I thought that was close. Many vets have to travel much further that either of us.

Gomer Good luck scooter

Comment

Actually Gomer it is 44.6 miles unless I go by the BBQ place on the way home which adds 5 miles. Yes I am lucky to be this close, It is a full hospital and is MS Center of Excellence. Actually they are scheduling MRIs from 0700 to 2200 m-f which makes it very convienent, they just remodeled the infusion center with new heated and vibrating recliners and big screen TV. The infusion nurses are great and take care of most any problems you have or get someone that can to do it. So far best thing that has happened for me since I was dx.
          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
          X