is getting a cold a good sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is getting a cold a good sign?

I am one of those people who never got colds a few years before my diagnosis. I've been on a DMD for approx 5 months & ended up with a head cold this week (runny nose, headache, watery eyes, scratchy throat--your typical common cold)
    Would this be considered a good sign, like my immune system is calming down a little?

candycane,

Our immune system is compromised. It is neither overactive or underactive it is simply confused, it is attacking what it should not.

I don't use a DMD. Some years I get every single thing going around and other years I never get sick.

In my unprofessional opinion ~ All it means is you have a cold, nothing more.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

It's not correct to say that our immune systems are more active so that we would not expect to get colds. Our immune systems are not more powerful with MS, just misguided; more like a soldier who's not aware he's firing at his comrades.

That said, I suppose it could be proof that the medicines are reducing the effects of your immune system that you got a cold. It could be a sign that your immune system is has been modulated, so why not take it as a sign they are working.

Comment

finally.

Comment

Working...
        X