Met New Neuro (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met New Neuro (long)

On Thursday and I think we like him. We like my other Neuro to but it sure is different seeing a MS Neuro and just a "reg" Neuro. He didn't want to look at my MRI or even read my file till he met me and did the office exam. I was like WOW!!! He did more Neuro exam things then my other Neuro so I thought that was different. Anyways...

We...myself, DH, Neuro, talked about new dmd...decided on Gilenya. Did the eye test in his office that day but his nurse said that the insurance can take a month maybe 2 months to clear. I'm not in a rush to get on a med...dh wants me on a med and I'm doing it for him. I am however the type that says when they are going to do it I want to do it NOW not in 2 months...GRRRR. Since I can't do another interfron (spelling error sorry )

With that said though...after his exam he sat back and I'm not RRMS, I'm SPMS. I sat there and looked at him and said OK. Cuz lets be honest...what do you say besides ok? I know some of you will say its denial but I don't think it is..I really am ok. It is what it is. I have dealt with worse in my life and for me this is...well its not easy thats for damn sure!!! But I'm ok. I'm not partying about it, does it weigh on my mind...yes. Do I still sleep as good at night now as before...yup. IDK...maybe I'm just weird.

anyways thanks for the share time...

isamadjul
    (allyson)
    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Sorry to hear about your SPMS.

You mentioned the difference in the neuro exam. It is amazing to see how a "real" neuro exam should be conducted and then compare it with the few tests some neurologist use an excuse for a neuro exam.

I haven't kept on on the newer meds. I know Betaseron is approved for SPMS, but didn't know about Gileyna or Tysabri. Hopefully your insurance red tape will be dealt with in a timely manner.

Comment

I have observed that some folks on this board say that one should perhaps avoid the SPMS tag because the insurance companies will only authorize certain meds for RRMS... but the doctors seem to feel that the meds could help SPMS anyway. Just a thought, and no doubt the doctor's office is aware of what needs to be done.

Comment

I still have flares but they are becoming less and less...not do to DMD he thinks but because I'm progressing into secondary ms. Neuro is saying its the being "stages" I guess? I know I wrote it last night but now I that I'm thinking about it I'm a smigde uneasy. Not with him saying it...cuz I have felt that I was headed down this road since I read the different stages.

What makes me uneasy is that he only JUST met me. Is it that he is a MS Neuro that he can be sure about it or is it that I'm that "bad"...now I'm curios?!?! Now for the next appointment so I can ask...lol

isamadjul
        (allyson)
        DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Questions for the doc

Always question your doctor on something you don't understand! The next time you go in ask why the different diagnosis. A good neuro will explain everything!

Comment

Working...
          X