Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come I have to log in than log off than log back in before I can post? I hoped this went away after this last change as a couple days ago I only had to log in once.
    It does reconize me when I log in the first time but I can't post unless I log out and in again. Let me know if there is somthing I need to change.
    Thanks so much

Hi maximumlite,

See this prior message board thread:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113176

The message board software only keeps you logged in for 2 hours, and will automatically log you out after 2 hours.
    But the main website keeps you logged in for much longer.

When you return it may appear that you are still logged in...and you are, but to the main website only, not the message board.

When you are unable to post, please click on the MSWorld globe logo and log out from the main home page. If you get an error message that says you are denied access, click on the globe logo again. At that point you should be completely logged out.

Log in again at http://www.msworld.org, the home page. Then click the message board tab.

It is important to always log out when you leave the website. Otherwise when you return it will appear you are logged in when you really aren't.

Every time you leave MSWorld, you should log out.

If the problem persists, try restarting your computer.

I hope that helps!

Be well,

Comment

OK so the last 2 times I was on I logged off and doubled checked that I was logged off and tonight I had to log in twice to post, what else can I being wrong as I shut down my computer at night and I did all the maintenance stuff to it and cleared everything. Any suggestions
      Thanks so much
      Dave

Comment

I too experienced this problem all night long. It is really disturbing to have to log out and log in everytime you want to post.

I log in, read for a while, try to post, and I get the bolded red message above my screen that says I have to log out, then log back in again. I've done this 3 times already and am getting tired of dealing with it on this site. It is not my computer, it is a bug in your system I'm afraid.

Comment

Two questions for you both....what operating system are you using, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or are you on a Mac?

If you are using Windows, you need to go in to your internet browser, and put MSWorld.org as a trusted site. I think this is part of your problem...Also, how much security do you have set? If you have high security settings, the cookies are probably not saved, or are not being recognized.

Check this stuff out and get back to me!

Thanks!

Comment

I am having log-in/log off issues also. I am using Max OSX.

I followed your directions and went to the home page via the logo, but I couldn't find a log-out button Instead; I logged into the main page and it took my info.

Comment

Beckyr

My system is windows 7 and browser 9 I made sure to log out when I left and when I log in it says welcome maximumlite so it reconizes me but I still have to lag out than back in to post, I know I have problems with the browser 9 other places so maybe because it is new? and my security is set to medium and I do believe that I have this as a trusted site. I guess no real biggie as I can log on but if its something simple that would be great also.
              Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi Maximulite!

Can you try to download Firefox? It is a free download, and it is IMO, a better Browser to use MSWorld in. (that's what the designers wrote it in).

Try that, and let me know!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X