End the Incontinence Survey, Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End the Incontinence Survey, Please?

I know you've made it smaller, but can we lose the incontinence survey headline at the top of MSWorld? I can't be the only one who is embarrassed by this appearing at the top of every screen.

And I can't be the only one who is fortunate enough not to have this problem (YET) and who doesn't want to be reminded that it is ahead of me in such a pronounced announcement.

Please? It didn't even work when I tried to answer it, to get rid of it.
    First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
    Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

I agree
    I answered it thinking I could get rid of it if I did--but unfortunately that did not happen

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
      I will pass your request along! Thank you for speaking up.
      Thank you for speaking up? I find this thread very offensive.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

for those of us afflicted with it, i'm hoping that by answering the survey it will give them enough info to help end this embarrassing problem.
        because the medicines i've used have only partially helped. it would be so nice not to have to know where every bathroom is in every building i go in.

i agree making it smaller is nicer, but if we can help end or make a difference in treatment it's just that much more we can do in the fight against this MonSter!

hope that helps you understand the reason for it and thanks for your tolerance in this matter.

take care and God bless ya!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Sorry, Jules and PooB3ar

I meant no offense.
          First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
          Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by chalknpens View Post
            I meant no offense.
            Thank you.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

i would think the people who have his problem, i being one of them would just talk to there medical team, as for me like i told my doc i have no problem pulling of to the side of the road or pissing ina cup if need be , then i just have to remember to washout my coffe cup lmao

Comment

lovejoy.

How fortunate you are a guy!

Wish it was so easy for us females ...

Take care, and hope you are doing a bit better. Know you've been having a rough time .
                Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I see no problem with the survey, bladder control is just another part of MS.
                  Bill
                  Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I'd like to know who sponsored the survey. There's no indication about where it's coming from. Why and by whom is this information being requested?

It's one thing to have discussions going on the board about these topics. It's another thing to have it in huge letters at the top.
                    MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                      I'd like to know who sponsored the survey. There's no indication about where it's coming from. Why and by whom is this information being requested?
                      Ditto for me. It's in the MSWorld rules that no one can post a survey, supposedly in part to protect members' privacy. But then MSWord itself puts up an anonymous survey. For a group that's concerned about legalities and privacy, it's strange (to say the least) that there isn't a full disclosure and privacy statement at the beginning of the survey. This goes beyond a little "oopsie." This is a large lapse in professional judgment.

I, too, would like to know who sponsored the survey, how they got it posted anonymously, and how much money they donated to MSWorld for the privilege of annoying so many people.

Comment

Well, I found this in the current (August 22) issue of MS World Express:

Surveys like this are made to help a company determine something about the condition they're researching.
                        It's vague but it's the only information I've found.
                        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

*gives nod to Redwings and Agate*

I personally was offended by the survey, but felt the way
                          it was posted and appearing on every page, that we were
                          'more or less required' to participate.

I will not say here one way or another whether I have this
                          often occurring side effect of MS or not.

I too would like to know WHO is the source of this survey
                          and why it was allowed in the first place.

I re-read the MSworld guidelines link on the homepage
                          regarding surveys:

"10. SURVEYS AND RESEARCH: Due to the large number of requests for surveys and research, MSWorld no longer allows these requests on our website."

I hope the 'pee' survey is not a prelude to any future ones.
                          It could turn off future new members from joining ...possibly.

Just my two cents worth...
                          ~life has ups and downs...I try to go in circles~
                          dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

that is a good point about survey's i was in th chatroom awhile back and a college student was asking questions , and myself and she was told by a moderater survey type questions were not allowed so i just gave her my email addy..... if you want me to take a survey , just pay me cause you are going to use it to make money in the long run..... just my two cents worth....

Comment

Originally posted by chalknpens View Post
                              I meant no offense.
                              no prob. no offense taken. it IS embarrassing and i pray they find something (technology or meds) that will control this condition.

take care & God bless ya!
                              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
                              X