Navy wife needs help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navy wife needs help plz

Hi everyone beed married to my DH for 17.5 yrs he was recently diagnosed with MS. Things are bad in my house and my 5 kids and I are paying the price. My husband has had symptoms for two yrs and has other health problems. He is on narcotics and othe meds for pain. I have gone to his command for help but they have offered no help and make excuses and think I am the bad wife. They hear his side but no one has tried to talk to my kids or myself, no one knows what it is like at home the verbal and emotional abuse is bad.

As of now he is not in the house there is a restraining order in place because of DV. That is in place because of a prior incident and was told if I did not get one they would remove my kids. I dont want to lose my family I love my husband and will stand behind him and support him always I will not turn my back on him, but I do not know who to talk to I have spoken with the CMC with no help just excuses. I thought the goal was to keep the family together but they are not holding him responsible for HIS actions.

I believe with all my heart it is the viacodin and other pain meds making him lash out on those who love him most. I need to get him off them and get us help before he loseseverything, he is my life and always has been I need to keep my children safe first and foremost, but I dont want to lose him because he is not thinking clearly, plz help

**Post broken into paragraphs by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print.**

Hey neighbor, just across the pond from you, have u contacted the chaplin? what rank is he ?

Comment

I have contacted the chaplain, he is trying to get in touch with his command.

He is ABEC/E7. His command isnt helping or returning calls.

Comment

as a chief he has a lot of pull, and also must be getting close to retiring which he could do then pursue things thru the VA just a thought how many years does he have in ?

Comment

22yrs he is getting ready to retire he just put his papers in. I spoketo CMC, he is now trying to help. He sees a problem finally I hope .

Comment

i would just retire and then go to VA and pursue the ms in that route it is alot easier and you dont have your command breathing down your neck..... when he does checkout of the navy make sure he has copies of all his medical records cause they do seem to vanish otherwise..

Comment

Working...
            X