have something to say, not sure where to put it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have something to say, not sure where to put it

I've been thinking for a long time about a forum that doesn't seem to fit into any of the existing ones.

There are forums for treating the symptoms of MS with medications, natural supplements, or physical therapy. But what about discussions of describing, defining, or figuring out the symptoms? Before you can treat something you need to know what it is, and I think we don't always know.

I think questions like this often end up in General Questions and Answers. But maybe there needs to be something more specific.

For example, about a visual problem I had noticed, I tried to describe it to my neurologist by saying "It's hard to keep reading without following the line with my finger so i can find the next line of print." He said "many people with MS have difficulty scanning." This is probably a question you guys could have answered.

So I guess the topic is "describing the symptoms as preparation for doing something about them.

What astronaut Rex Walheim said about gravity

It's me, LindaT5761. Was logged in under facebook for some reason.

On the subject of describing symptoms/our experience:

I've been obsessed lately with the final space shuttle mission, & have started following the astronauts on Twitter. Astronaut Rex Walheim said, of being back on Earth, that his muscles were sore from not being used to gravity after 14 days in 0g.

I think we go through something similar. We feel heavier, gravity seems to pull on us more. I feel as though I've been exercising just by doing normal activities. Maybe something they've learned by how astronauts readjust to gravity after having been in space could help us.

Any thoughts?

Comment

It's me, LindaT5761

A thread in General Questions and Answers? Or where?

Comment

forum vs. thread?

So I guess this is that thread in the General Questions and Answers Forum?

Comment

thread/login problem

From my point of view, what happens is that I post something, thinking i'm doing it as LindaT5761, then when I see it on the board, it has the facebook ID. Then I log out and login again as LindaT.

So as the OP, I will start a new appropriately titled thread in Q&A.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Sparky10
          Linda, I don't know why this happens with your login...sometimes I see your FB ID; sometimes (like now) I see your real username.

Anyway, I was suggesting to the OP (Opening/Original Poster) that they start a different, appropriately titled thread! The General Q&A forum seems right.

Comment

Working...
          X