Birth Control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birth Control?

My neuro wants me on birth control until DH can get a vasectomy.

I have not had good experience with "the pill" and gave it up before I had children. I did have a brief stint with the pill a couple of years ago and stopped it as I was gaining weight.

I will not do the Mirena again

Any of you take "the pill" and you don't gain weight or have emotional issues while taking it? Which pill are you on?

Thanks!
    Cindy

I take Levora.. have for years. No adverse reactions for me.
    Be the kind of WOMAN that when your feet hit the floor each morning
    the DEVIL says "OH CRAP, SHES UP."

Comment

Mononessa

I just started Mononessa a couple of months ago. It's actually evened out my moods. I've been working really hard to lose weight, so I can't really tell you about what it would be like if you were just trying to stay the same.

It's a lower dose of hormones than many other pills, and it's the same dose every day (except for the week of no-dose for the period).

This is the first time I've ever been on the pill (I'm over 40), so I don't really have anything to compare it with. It's doing it's job for the fibroid issues I was having.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions

I am already 25lbs overweight and adding more weight is only going to make my MS worse

I had not heard of Monessa. Will look into that one.

I have been on Ortho-Cyclen (MANY years ago- not even sure they make that anymore) and after kids, I tried Yasmin and gained on that even though the Dr said it wouldn't cause weight gain.

Comment

Working...
        X