Black cohosh or Estroven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black cohosh or Estroven

Has anyone taken black cohosh for hot flashes and night sweats? Do you know if it works better than Estroven? My Gp recommended it to me and I just started taking it yesterday. Haven't seen a difference yet, but I was wondering if anyone else here has tried it and what their experience was.

Yes I've taken Estroven and it did help. I found it better to take it before bedtime. I took it for about a year, then decided to go on HRT as it wasn't working as well at that point.

The primary ingredient in Estroven is Black Cohash as I recall......it had a few other ingredients too.

Comment

I've used black cohosh with mixed results. It helps sometimes with the hot flashes but not very often. I just went to yhe doc and got HRT because as soon as my body becomes horizontal I get too hot. It is weird. The night sweats are horrendous too. I am hoping the HRT works.

Comment

Thanks for the replies ladies. So far the cohosh doesn't seem to be working. I am still having terrible night sweats. Can't stand it. I am giving the black cohosh 1 week and if it doesn't help, then I will switch to Estroven to see if that helps. My GP doesn't want to start me on HRT at this time.

Comment

Why doesnt your doctor want you to do HRT? If you are going to a GP I would make an appt with a GYN.

Comment

Working...
          X