Intimacy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intimacy question

Sorry if this is too much information, but I need to know if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, any way to prevent it from happening again.

I am 50 years old now, but still manage to have an orgasm most of the time it is required .

Last night, I was just beginning to start, when all of a sudden a tight band wrapped around my lower abdomen, causing me to scream and cry in pain. I had to push my DH away, have him help me to standing, and just tried to be still for about a minute before the cramping stopped.

I have had it do this to a lesser degree before during the same intimate moment, but I was able to move around enough to get it to stop so we could finish.

I hurt so bad I was in tears, I left my DH in a sorry state because he was so panicked about my reaction, and now I'm afraid he will be scared to "share the moment" again because I may get hurt!

Could this be a type of MS hug? I certainly don't get one by lowering my chin, but imagine this type of intense cramping/banding/muscle tightness around my lower abdomen could be just that!

Any help on this sensitive subject would be nice. Thanks in advance.
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Hi Brenda,

I am sorry you had such a bad experience

I wonder if your pain was related to muscle spasms. I sometimes have a problem with spasms and tightness in my legs around that time. I have learned if I use something for spasticity before there is not a problem during
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I really don't take anything for spasms, haven't had much trouble. This is kind of like one big charlie horse around my lower abdomen. I just saw my neuro the morning before this happened, so I don't have another appt. until December.

My DH just smiles and gives me "don't look at me that way" until you get it figured out.

I guess I'll just have to see.

Thanks for answering me.
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I'm in agreement with Snoopy. Have your neuro prescribe something for spasms or an anti-spasticity med and take it beforehand. Experiment with the med first though because you may have to tweak the dose. Some of those anti-spasticity meds can make you so drowsy you can't stay awake.

Comment

Working...
        X