Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Vets Muster on the MS deck, July 4th, '11

Muster on the mess deck

All veterans, active duty, family even LimboLanders are ALL welcome here. As veterans we have some different situations and issues than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Please......... Drop in and say HI at least once per muster. We want to know you are doing OK, hope better than just OK. With REGULAR musters we can get to know our fellow vets better and build a sense of UNITY. If you run across a fellow Vet elsewhere on MSWorld, please let them know we are here so they can join us.

Hope everyone is doing well !

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educational conference calls.
    http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp

If you have not done so yet, please post an intro in the thread titled "Vets Master Muster & intros". Please post only your into there so it ONLY contains your into. You can always start a new thread for questions or other issues.

How was YOUR week?
    Any recent Doc appts or tests at the VA or elsewhere?
    Anything new coming up Soon?

...............................at the VA or elsewhere?

Happy & safe 4th of July

Gomer Have GoGo, will Go Go Go

I think I may have missed a muster or two, sorry.

Well, I was able to show my Neuro a video of what's been happening to me and it seems I have secondary dystonia, which is suppose to be rare (especially at my age). The SCI/MS Doctor saw the video and sent me right over to have an AFO made to try and turn my foot back, and my Neuro wants to try botox. I have to make an appointment for an evaluation for one of those electronic AFOs.

Amazing the reaction the video got, and I HIGHLY recommend filming when you have "weird" things going on that are hard to really describe. Of course, every time I went to the VA, my gait wasn't horrible, so the Neuro had nothing, but my lousy description to go by. The video really did the trick, as a picture IS worth a thousand words!

I filed a NOD with the VA concerning my A&A, and submitted a copy of the video. I'd love to have them explain to me how I am not in need of A&A after they view it! I really have to give credit to a dear friend of mine who's voice was in my head..."doesn't your phone do video?", flashed in my mind, and I yelled for my daughter to get my phone and video what's been happening to me.

I am now on Tizanidine, Gabapentin, and my Neuro was talking about some medication that is suppose to help me walk.

I'm still in physical therapy, and it does seem to be helping return some range of motion!!

Hope everyone had an awesome 4th!!!!
    MS, it's a brain thang!
    Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

home from the trip

Hi Everyone,
      I was out of town for most of June, trip to CA to see mom and then drove up to UT for a family reunion. It was a good trip-went to Disneyland, CA adventure, a play and helped mom go through some of my brother's stuff. He passed away in '89 from cancer and she kept most of his stuff. She is finally willing to start letting stuff go. In UT, visited with my maternal grandparents, they are in their 90s. The reunion was a 4 day event at a ranch in the Uinta Mtns, very relaxing and lots of fun catching up with cousins and meeting some cousins for the first time. Been home about two weeks, now. It was a good trip, but I didn't realize how tiring it was, slept for most of the first two days back. This week is also the 2 year anniversary of my DX.
      I went to the neuro last week. Ampyra is helping me walk better, no problems with the rebif. There are some new symptoms-occasonal numbing of the hands and one episode of lightning flashes in the eyes(wow), but they only last for about 30 minutes-when they hit, I just go lay down or stop what I'm doing.
      I am having some new or old or stronger feelings and thoughts. Some anger at advertising aimed at disabled-it never ends and I don't need to be reminded that I might need something someday-I don't need it today, guilt for being lucky enough to qualify for s/c and disability retirement-I wish I could work. I also went looking on the military.com website for my old units. That got me searching for old friends, found two on facebook and then searched for an old roommate that I have looked for many times, but never found. Finally found a record online that she passed in 1996, but no details-she was 29 and I can't help but wonder what took her at such a young age. I went to my womens vet group Tuesday and I came away not feeling good-I usually feel better after meeting, but there was alot of talk about traumatic events and dealing with the issues that come from them. It brought up some thoughts I thought were behind me. Anyway, the psychologist gave us a sheet on grounding and I think I need to focus on grounding myself and letting the bad thoughts go away. Oh, and happy birthday to me tomorrow

Comment

Working...
      X