Just a quick point.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick point.

My intention in this post is not to be political, just to point out what I've been noticing recently.
    It seems more and more that its fair game for Congress to touch the old third rail of cutting health care and benefits and I'm afraid we'll be in their sights before too long. It stands to reason, there were a lot of us in the military and the VA is going to be very busy over the next ten years (at least) while congress concentrates on the bottom line of budgets. Nevermind that our benefits were part of the contract we signed when we served, we may become too expensive to be cool.
    Basically, I'm asking you all to get involved. If you haven't joined a Military/Vets organization yet, now may the time to do so. We don't have to be yelling from a stump but we do have to be heard before everyone else forgets or we get painted with that broad brush as a talking point.
    Do some checking and find out how and why the VA gets funded. Be alert in case that funding comes under attack.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Great Post Bob.......Thanks!

The A has always been a POLITICAL animal. As MS patients, we qualify as members of PVA. I am told MS is the most 'popular' or common issue that PVA vets have.

How are we doing?
    I think we are doing OK, how about you?
    I think this forum has been valuable, but I can not speak for anyone else. IF you are a stats person (hate stats), we are second only to the US Social Security sub forum in Employment and Disability issues forum.

I did go to starting Vet musters about every 2 weeks, instead of weekly due to low particpation levels. I even tried threatening AWOL or KP duty......lol

Vets in general are a shy group, so I expect & hope we will become a more active and more vocal group. That said,, I put more stock in the QUALITY, rather than quantity here. The quality has been very good, even great, so I feel, but that is my personal opinion, that our VETS form is a valuable asset.

Suggestions are always welcome!

Gomer USN vet, PVA member

Comment

Working...
    X