newly dx'ed Vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time

Does anyone else outside the 7 year window have any stories to add to this thread? Just trying to get a since on the time it usually takes to be approved for sc.

Thanks Everyone

Comment

Its a good question and I wish there was a good answer.
      Keep in mind you're dealling with the Benefits side of the VA. The Benefits side has all kinds of guidelines to follow, which I'm pretty sure are policed by...
      ..the Benefits side of the VA.
      I think they need to keep you informed every 90 days of a pending filing, after that there seems to be no set guideline of when a pension will go active in terms of cash in your account. It basically comes down to how quickly they can reach a finding and that can vary due to how many other filings they are also dealling with.
      The good news in all of this is that your pension will be backpaid to date of your filing, assuming it gets approved.
      I think the average time span is something like 4-5 months but there's been a lot of talk about speeding up the process.

Comment

I went to the va hospital to try and get help and the lady looked at my 10-10ez and told me I would not qualify for help at this time due to being over the pay limit. I the received a letter saying i am in catagory 8c. So unless I get sc they willnot be able to assist me in my medical needs. anyone have any recomedation, my vso just said not togive up but gave me no direction.

Thanks all

Comment

help

Need help finding the thread for my long term disability. I made it this morning and I forgot where I posted it.

Thanks

Comment

About half way down on the general questions and answers board?

Comment

Thank you

Thanks Bob

Kinda new at all this..lol

Comment

how long

Just wondering how long one has to wait to hear anything on their claims process. Everytime I try to call my vso they never answer their phones and never return my calls. This just seems rude to me. I dont think it is too much to return a phone call or e-mail, maybe im wrong and just over reacting the heat has my ms(and everthing associated with it) working overtime. My claim has been in since April. Sorry just venting.

Last I heard my claim was sent to chicago and sitting in some file waiting to be looked at.

Comment

Three months? Pshaw, three months is nothing.

I know, its frustrating not being able to exhale but hang in there.
                  Playing devil's advocate, its possible there might be a delay while the feds figure out how they're going to pay their bills or IF they're going to pay their bills. DOD is supposedly exempt from this cycle, but you never know.
                  I realize waiting stinks, but most of us who pensioned out have been through a similar drill. Just when we think the wolf is about to break down the door we find out the money has been in our account for a week and a half.
                  I know this is tough to read, but again hang tough and fight the temptation to spend like you're going to get the dough. Do NOT max out your credit assuming you can pay it off later with the back pay.

Comment

waiting

Thanks again Bob, I know it hasn't been that long but I just wish my vso rep would return my calls or e-mails. I think thats what frustrates me the most. I feel like I am another number to them (which is probably true). I believe I have to stay on top of this to protect my family in the coming years. I have applied for membership to the PAV about 5 weeks ago and still have not received anything from them, so I called them and they say that they are extremely backlogged and it may take a few more weeks. I'm afraid my paperwork will get lost in the shuffle.

Comment

My claim date is Feb 2011, had my CP exm the end of june, still being worked , have you signed up for online info of your claim at www.ebenefits.va.gov though it isn't any real info it does give you status and if you need to do anything regarding it. It takes an email or 2 to get a response from my PVA rep.
                      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I have the basics on ebenifits I have not been able to drive to st louis va to upgrade at this time due to my on.I have just been a little on edge lately and complaining way too much on this thread. I am haveing problems with my works ltd company and am just frustrated. I have been denied va help due to making too much money (HA). the va hospital told me to come back if I get sc disability. So I feel alot of stress thanks for the help.

Comment

Just to update my last post in this thread, I just read where one of the Joint Chiefs was touring with the troops in Afganistan and was asked during a Q&A if they'll get paid if Congress doesn't pass an extension of the debt ceilling.
                          The Adm. said "No" but everyone stays in uniform.
                          Lookin like a lot of ramen and mac and cheese next month.

Comment

Then again, maybe not?

Full story here:
                            http://news.yahoo.com/anxiety-afghan...060358479.html

Basically, Adm. Mullen's full comment was more along the lines of "I don't know" because its uncharted territory.

Comment

Scooter

How did your c & p go? Just looking for some things I will be doing during my exam if I get one. Any info would be appreciated. I am just nervous about this whole process, want to get through it. Did they just exam you for ms or did you have other things. My vso turned in my paperwork with several things and then I called them the other day and the person I spoke to at the office said I had 8 claims turned in and I did not know their were so many things now I think they will just put my claim off due to so many symptoms turned in. Hope not...

Thanks

Comment

The C&P was a question and answer only the PA did no exam what so ever, my wife went with me, the PA wasn't real happy that she went in but I insisted and good thing as some things he asked I said no to but my wife corrected me and gave him and explanation.

I have 1 question for you you said they turned you down for VA med coverage, were you not in during the first Iraq "conflict"? I was under the impression that that would cover you but you may have higher copays. They aslo told me I wasn't eligable but the PVA rep corrected them as I am a Vietnam era Vet. I was told it didn't matter as far as my MS treatment as they would cover that no matter what.

Good luck on your claim.
                                Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X