Catheterizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catheterizing

I went to an MS symposium and one of the sessions was about using a catheter. Before I listened, I was filled with horror at the prospect. But the women there (and it was all women) said this: "Do you remember the fear before you first used a tampon? And in no time it was easy. Same thing." Here's what else: "Picture how great it feels to have an empty bladder before bedtime, before going on a long drive, or shopping, or before sex." I was convinced instantly. Years later, the uro tries to broach the topic and he could barely mention it before I said "Yes!" He was really surprised--doesn't have any other MS patients. It's difficult to clean yourself thoroughly if you're not at home, so I don't do it very often when I'm out and about. But wow, what a difference in my day. I wanted to share that info with anybody who's getting to that point of needing it. Do it! The catheter is a very thin little thing, and I put everything I need in a makeup bag in my purse. Also in a drawer in the bathroom.
Working...
X