I had an orgasm - it is possible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an orgasm - it is possible!

Had a long overdue weekend away with my husband. His patient persistance, lots of cuddling, a little alcohol, lots and lots of masage and tenderness.....I had one. I was begining to think it might be impossible. Ladies - there is hope! I'm not saying I'm make to normal - just saying it can still happen.

Good for you! I have finally found the rejoice in the Big O as of late as well. Ever since I switched from Copaxone to Betaseron about a month ago sex has been AMAZING!

Comment

Copaxone and Intimacy

I was just diagnosed yesterday with MS, and will start Copaxone soon. I do not have "the moment" issues at this time. Is it common for Copaxone to cause inability to have orgasms? I need to know before I start taking it because with as many limitations as I experience now, I do not want that one to become an issue.

Comment

Hey ilove2teach,
        Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. This is a wonderful site for great support! Good luck with the Copaxone...I just had to switch because it wasn't working for me but just remember that everyone is different.

I'm not so sure that was a side effect from just the Copaxone. I think it's the disease in general. Plus I am on cymbalta and I definetly know that was one of the side effects.

Comment

I've never heard of this as a side effect with Copaxone, thankfully.

This site lists the effects people have felt on it.
          http://www.drugs.com/sfx/copaxone-side-effects.html

There are plenty of meds common to MS that can make the big O somewhat challenging, but never have heard of Copaxone causing trouble.

I look at this as a stage in life to explore and have fun.

Congrats Lorimo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorimo1 View Post
            Had a long overdue weekend away with my husband. His patient persistance, lots of cuddling, a little alcohol, lots and lots of masage and tenderness.....I had one. I was begining to think it might be impossible. Ladies - there is hope! I'm not saying I'm make to normal - just saying it can still happen.
            Lorimo1, are you diagnosed with MS?

In the case of someone who does not have a diagnosis of this disease (at this time), it is a bit premature to assume any sexual problems are related to MS.

MS can cause sexual dysfuction for men and women. There can be many reasons why this happens: medications, fatigue, spasticity and damage done to the central nervous system due to the disease it's self.

Not everyone with MS will have sexual dysfunction and many women without this disease have problems reaching orgasms for various reasons.

Information about sexual dysfunction in regards to MS:
            http://ms.about.com/od/forfriendsand...s_wife_sex.htm
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks NEgirl and twisterred for your feedback about copaxone and the link to get more information about it. Take care.
              iluv2teach

Comment

the big O is usually the big No

Have been on Betaseron for about 15 years now with no real problems, but lately it seems less effective.

On the issue regarding being able to reach orgasm, well it seems to get more and more difficult. But what is really weird is that I get that almost climatic feeling at odd, not romantically related times, like doing a stretching excersize.

Comment

Working...
                X