OTC anti motion sickness meds... luck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTC anti motion sickness meds... luck?

Mon evening thru wed I had dizziness and unbalanced. Saw my doc wed and symptoms had subsided and he said the body was taking care of things, but if it got worse to call and he would start me on steroids. Well thurs was great and fri things began to be a little off again and today, terrible, sat of course. I am really dizzy with the left side of my face going numb. has anyone used the OTC anti motion sickness drugs and did they work for you? This is why I don't like amusement parks.

Meclizine (Dramamine) will work for dizziness, but it may make you drowsy. My doctor also prescribed Valium once when I was having problems with dizziness.

I hope you get some relief soon. Dizziness and nausea is the pits!

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I would go ahead and try the steroids if you are not opposed to doing them. I had an episode of hearing loss, there was some nausea/dizziness at the start of it all. Low dose steroids did help me. The numbness indicates a possible flare?

Comment

Working...
      X