Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone heard any good news about MS lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard any good news about MS lately?

Every study seems to reveal something else awful. My personal favorite was brain shrinkage. Perked me up no end.
    There must be something a bit positive happening somewhere. I'll even take mice doing well in trials.
    Over to you.

Honestly, Think, I don't even pay any attention anymore. I've had the disease for such a long time and have heard it all. Still no cure, and they don't even use that word now when discussing treatments.
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

go figure

Like I was getting pt (at least some form of it), the head

therapist says "oh, I didn't know she was THAT bad"..............you can be 89 yrs but as long as you can

stand.....you know?

not good

hugs, angel
      livelover

Comment

I'm still here.

Comment

Me, too, Bob, but after 32 YEARS battling this *****, I'm tired!!
          “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
          Diagnosed 1979

Comment

nope

sorry, I got nothin

Comment

I keep waiting to hear something good, still nada.

Comment

Good question. I went to 2 recent MS update dinners promoted by drug company Copaxone.

The first speaker is a Nurse practitioner who said at least 10 more oral meds are coming down the pike.

Then saw my former MS neuro who conduts research as well as practices. He said they are learning more on how the brain CAN and does repair itself, including re-myelinating.

However, MY personal opinion is that as long as the drug companies are making billions of dollars on these very expensive meds, it will be a long time (if ever) that they find a CURE..as that will disease the need for meds.

If you pay attention, iwth ANY disease that you are told has no cure, but is treatable (meds) be suspicious. That's all I am going to say. Why stop a "good thing" you have going in creating more and more meds.

Besides, like many diseases, MS is complicated and unique to many. And some diseases just are very difficult to treat much less cure.

Jan
                I believe in miracles~!
                2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
                X