Panic attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic attacks

I know many many people, including myself who suffer from panic attacks, so I know they're not exclusive to having MS...but it seems every time I log on, there is another mention of some one who suffers from this.

Is there something about us that makes us more prone to them aside from the normal stress of having a disease... I just don't get it....it stinks.
    Dx 06/07
    Copaxone

I have very severe panic disorder

I had panic disorder long before I was diagnosed with MS
    but I believe I had MS long before I was diagnosed. I'm also bipolar. I had some of my worst panic attacks in the year 2000, which I now believe was around the real onset of MS, and in the year 2006, the year I was diagnosed. I'm sure there are many people with MS who don't have panic disorder but having MS sure would tend to give you panic disorder. In 2007 there was a thread on panic disorder and MS and it was a very long thread. At least at that time there were a lot of members of MS World who had very severe panic attacks. They may be separate disorders but they sure go together well. I pity anyone who has either.
    Show 'em who's got guts. Don't back down - Brian Wilson
    ******Surfer ED******

Comment

me too

Sunshyne,
      I too have been having panick attacks. I think it is a combination of medication we take. I never had panick attacks before I was dx with MS. My doctor just started me on Zanax-which does nothing for me. So I don't know if this is MS related or med related, but I don't like this new symptom. I hate the feeling and I rarely go outside anymore because I don't want to have one in public.
      The Best things in life....aren't things!

Comment

Joey Dobias

I've had panic attacks as long as I can remember my neurologist prescribed Ativan and it has helped me tremendously good luck and God's blessing

Comment

Panic disorder and agoraphobia

I used to be real outgoing, the life of the party. Nobody would think of Surfer Ed as timid or shy. Now, with the MS
          I find myself becoming more and more withdrawn and like
          a hermit. Some days when I'm feeling weak and shaky, it's a bad MS day, I feel agoraphobia, which is feeling I might have a panic attack if I left my property. I'm especially
          vulnerable in restaurants, hobbling in with my quad-cane.
          The last time I went to a restaurant I actually took my Rollator and a nice lady with a quad-cane held the door open for me. I told her I had MS and she said she did too, but usually just uses the quad-cane for restaurants. She said she has a Rollator at home and admitted she often feels a little panic when going out in public especially in shopping malls.
          Show 'em who's got guts. Don't back down - Brian Wilson
          ******Surfer ED******

Comment

I have had panic attacks for years, but the last 3 weeks have been horrid. I find myself on the verge of "flipping out" 4 to 5 days a week. I am talking full blown panic attack where I feel like I am coming unglued at the seams.

Comment

Working...
            X