Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme exhaustion. Low levels of D responsible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme exhaustion. Low levels of D responsible?

It's only recently that I found out I have a severe deficiency
    of vitamin D. My doctor put me on 50,000 IU of D, 1 gel cap
    per week for 4 weeks. So far I'm only on the first week. I haven't been this exhausted since the height of MS in 2006.
    I can hardly do anything but rest. Could this extreme exhaustion be do to the severe deficiency of vitamine D and when I get closer to normal levels I will feel stronger?
    Show 'em who's got guts. Don't back down - Brian Wilson
    ******Surfer ED******

Yes, it's possible that at least some of your extreme exhaustion is due to your very low Vitamin D level. If so, correcting the deficiency may help with how you're feeling...but it can take a while to get a very low level up to par.

In other words, there's no way to know precisely how long it will take you to start feeling better. But at least you're on your way, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge Of Ruin View Post
      It's only recently that I found out I have a severe deficiency
      of vitamin D. My doctor put me on 50,000 IU of D, 1 gel cap
      per week for 4 weeks. So far I'm only on the first week. I haven't been this exhausted since the height of MS in 2006.
      I can hardly do anything but rest. Could this extreme exhaustion be do to the severe deficiency of vitamine D and when I get closer to normal levels I will feel stronger?
      What was your D level? Just curious.
      I was just tested at level 19 (Apparently 30 is normal).
      I am on 1000mg 2x a day for now.. Re-testing in 3 months.
      Neuro definitely said low D levels contribute to all sorts of MS issues..

Comment

It could be a contributor but my money is on the MS. I'm surprised your physician didn't do a loading dose of 1 a day for a week or so.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

I don't know

Originally posted by Look2theStars View Post
          What was your D level? Just curious.
          I was just tested at level 19 (Apparently 30 is normal).
          I am on 1000mg 2x a day for now.. Re-testing in 3 months.
          Neuro definitely said low D levels contribute to all sorts of MS issues..
          I don't know what my vitamin D level was. My doctor is the type that does more thinking that explaining. He just said that is was extremely low and even had he told me what the level was I wouldn't know about those things. I was naive enough to think that my two glasses of milk a day plus other foods would give me enough D. Now, a severe deficiency of D seems to be characteristic of MS. I had never heard that before.
          Show 'em who's got guts. Don't back down - Brian Wilson
          ******Surfer ED******

Comment

Yea, My Neuro told me right away. She called me in fact to tell me it was a 19. Anyways, yes it's a huge characteristic of people with MS.

If you look at a world MS map http://www.themcfox.com/images/world...erosis-600.gif, most MS is located away from the equator. Where it's warmest (sunniest - lot's of natural vitamin D).

Crazy huh.

Comment

Working...
            X