Blood draw exhaustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood draw exhaustion

Had a blood draw yesterday. Went home instead of back to work because I was tired. Slept for 4 hours during the day and was back to sleep at 10pm.

Does anyone else have this reaction to a blood draw?

I have't but one really never knows with MS just what might happen. It will be interesting to see if blood draws effect you the same way the next time. I can't see how they would, not directly, but like I said you just never know. Were you at all nervous or stressed, had to wait a long time to get the blood draw or out in the heat?
    What if trials of this life
    Are Your mercies in disguise?
    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Maybe it wasn't...

....the blood draw but the shower to get ready/drying your hair/getting dressed, driving to the lab, standing in line to sign in, waiting to be called, the drive home...
      My guess is that the whole thing was at least 2 hours. While 2 hours is no big deal to most, to those with fatigue it is huge.

Comment

That is curious... did you have a lot of blood drawn? The most I've had is 21 vials and 18 vials drawn at a sitting and I swear that took more out of me than my basic blood draws? I'm sure heat, stress of just getting ready & getting there affects too. Are you in a flare-up?
        1st neurological event 5/29/10. Dx 4/29/11. Avonex since 8/20/10. Age 41 & still smiling.
        Because we have hard times, we really know how to appreciate the good times

Comment

blood draw

Only 3 vials. It was after appt with my neuro where no diagnosis was made yet again.

Comment

Just speculating that it is the stress of all you went thru today. Blood draws are a bit traumatic themselves, neuro visits always wear me out.
            It is partly the anticipation, the preparation, waiting, and then the after effect of all that.......yep, certainly enough to make one fatigued.....

Hope you are feeling better!

Comment

Working...
            X