X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feel like you're floating?

Do you ever feel like you're floating?
    this is new to me.
    I can be standing, both feet firmly planted on the ground, when suddenly I feel like I'm floating.
    Unless it's just a loss of sensation (not sure)
    My symptoms started with twitching & buzzing in my legs. this is different, though.
    I actually feel like I'm floating.

BOAT?

oops...sorry for the caps!
    is it like your on a boat kinda feeling? there are a couple posts on here pertaining to that, several people on here have that feeling!
    dont know what causes it tho...
    your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

Comment

i'm one of several people who have experienced that, i thought it was from lack of pressure sensation at the bottom of the feet. no one told me it was that, i was just guessing what could cause it. it went away for me. i don't experience it any more.
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Proprioception

I get that sometimes too. Makes me reach out and grab the wall or something to hold on to.

It came up at my last check up in April. I was describing how I can be driving or stopped at a red light and suddenly can't tell if my foot is on the pedal.

My neuro said that it is loss of proprioception. And when I reach out for someone or something, then my body is getting a sense of where it is in space from other sources of input.

Kind of like when someone uses a cane or other add for balance. It is using sources other than your feet for input as to where your body is.

They tested me once (I failed beautifully) walking on foam with these nifty goggles on. The dr. said that I use my eyes and ears too to help with proprioception. I am horrible in the dark. When I was wearing the goggles I was able to keep my balance some when the dr. was talking to me but was lost when he quit speaking.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Nappy,
          Sorry to hear you have this but so glad you shared your testing and knowledge. I always thought mine was due to allergies even though the PT told me maybe not.

PT did help me some although it is back again now. Guess I just need to be more consistent with those PT exercises!

Comment

Working...
          X