Hot Flashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Flashes

I'm in limbo land. See nuro Wednesday for my MRI results. Have many MS symptoms but it could be spinal cord/nerve damage in my neck from a previous car accident.

Lately I've had body drenching hot flashes. I use a Viverelle Dot for HRT and for 6 months had no problems.

Could these new hot flashes be MS related? Anybody have this problem?

I seem to stay hotter than the average person and especially at night. I wake up every night sweating and have to change locations to cool off. It drives me nuts. Good luck!!!
    Busy mom of 3 little red heads!!!
    Diagnosed RRMS - May 2005

Comment

I have been having hot flashes forever, it seems. I started having the "normal" ones in my 40's and was on HRT for maybe 10 years. That was when the medical community thought that HRT was good for heart health. Then they changed their minds and my internist took me off of it. While I was on HRT,it was great. No hot flashes. Then when I came off, they came back with a vengence.

Next I had some breast issues which were related to the HRT and now I wouldn't take them at all. I have had 5 biopsies. I was not dxed with MS until my 50's when I was in round two of the hot flash thing. I am now 62 and still hot flashing.

I recently talked with the NP at my neuro's office about the hot flashes and if my MS could be making them worse. She said that the MS sometimes makes things appear worse and that might be happening with my hot flashes. I also wonder if my Rebif seems to keep me hotter. I hear that a lot from women who take one of the MS drugs like Rebif and Avonex.

So you are not alone with the MS and the hot flashes. I wish I had better news for you. I find that being so hot has some perks. I never have to worry about wool sweaters and winter slacks. :-) I never have to worry about over heating my house. :-) I can wear shorts almost year round. I don't have to worry about having enough covers on my bed. :-) My poor husband has learned to live with a "hot" woman.

If you look around on this board, you will find some "hot" ladies who have great advice about staying "cool".

lydialou

Comment

Bummer

I really hoped the hot flashes would go away one day. I have had them over 10 years!
        I went through menopause 5 years ago. They were better when I used HRT, but you can only do that a couple of years.
        Egyptian cotton sheets feel cool to the body.

Comment

To limboland

Hey you! I don't have a lot of spinal issues, I did get a spinal tap when i first found out I had MS along with the 2 MRI's and 2 catscans, another will be this Tuesday! They don't scare me much anymore but now I just keep getting new symptoms from this disease!Can you tell I'm being "oh whow is me"! It's ok, i am better at handling these symptoms than I ever thought possible!
          If I can share with my new friends, the thing that I hate the most is not being able to do all the things I could do and do really great at it! That is one of hardest things for me to deal with!
          Ok, it's past my bedtime and no I'm not a kid, 46 looking at 47 in a few months!
          Have a great week everyone!
          All my blessings, Christine, aka, chrissylou39 Shelton

Comment

How old are you? I got hot flashes two years ago at 45, dr says its perimenopause. Sucks.

Gyno says to take Estroven, for mood, hot flashes and night sweats, and it works! Something in it called black cohosh. Its over the counter in all the drug stores. Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X