not understanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not understanding

My hubby has been very supportive with my ms so far. But recently he has decided we should bulid a house. Problem is we live 20 minutes out of town and I was hoping to move closer, not be stuck there. He also designed this house with a second floor (stairs). Everytime I try to talk about it with him, he just yells at me. I guess I'm just venting but also looking for suggestions on how to get him to listen to me and be more understanding.

I would insist on finding a way to work this out between you before you actually start building. Maybe a counselor to add their unbiased opinion? Good luck.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

articles

Maybe some articles about how a handicap accesible house is a wise choice. I know there have been some in MS magazines. I don't know of any specific pamphlets, but maybe they do, from the nmss.

Good luck
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Don't let any plan move into action until you have worked things out.

Make him listen to you and don't sign any papers or let this move forward until you are sure it is going to be OK.

If he plans to have stairs, is there going to be a stair scooter type of thing that you can use to get up and down the stairs ?

Ask him how you are supposed to travel to town ?

If necessary, see a counselor.

Good luck.

Comment

I just wrote a similar post, right above yours I think. On how do we get them to "get it" when it pertains to how we feel and fact our lives will be different.

I think counseling is a great idea also. I think alot of times our spouses have alot of emotions about our dx also that they do not communicate which leads to things like this. Almost like he's in denial over your ms. Building house with stairs and moving you further from town. Zero sense in that.

Why dont you try talking to him and saying how do you feel about my dx? maybe it'll get him to open up, talk and express what he's feeling. Just an idea than you can work from there.

I went thru similar thing w/my husband we aren't there yet but he's got alot of anger over what i have and had a major meltdown the other day over it.

either way good luck dont' feel discouraged, i think it's a process like anything else and we have to go thru the phases of it.
          Jen Dx'd 5/11
          "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Working...
          X