Do you get this around that time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you get this around that time?

This is not a new thing for me at all. It's been with me for many, many years. So I'm asking here if this is common in PwMS.

The day or two before and during the first two or three days of my cycle, it feels like everything from my ribcage down either wants to spasm, or aches.

Before I had the ablation done, I'd have cramps that felt like they ran from my ribs to my knees, front and back. Now it's a little better, but it feels like it's starting to worsen again.

The ablation gave me a little relief for a little over a year from the horrific fatigue those first days, and the awful cramping pain, but it appears to be losing it's effectiveness.

I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Don't know if there is a relationship to MS, I did have alot of pain with periods, had severe endometriosis. The best relief was ibuprofen for me. I found that dosing early to prevent discomfort was best. Hope this helps!

Comment

I've used so much Advil over my lifetime for cramps and headaches that I try to not use it at all anymore.

And the surgeon that removed my gall bladder had a look at the girlie organs and said there was no sign of endometriosis at all.

Comment

Very good news that you don't have endometriosis. I didn't know I had it until a surgery for fibroids, the surgeon went in and said it was severe, yikes!

Ablations have been discussed here in the Ladies Room previously, maybe do a search and see what others had to say. I'd discuss with your gyn doc at your annual visit for sure.

Comment

I won't be going through it again, that's for sure. It was done outpatient, and the pain meds weren't even close to adequate. I ended up going to the urgent care center, curled up in a ball, was forced to have a CT scan, and waited 4 more hours before they gave me a shot of duladid. They couldn't get a hold of my gyn during that entire time, either. He never returned their calls.

I would not recommend it to anyone doing it as an outpatient. Day surgery hooked up to an IV, ok.

Comment

Working...
          X