• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleanliness

Where I'm living we shower ONCE a week. As you can

imagine, I feel quite unclean. This is probably the only

place where I can ask this question.

I'm basically bedridden and am QUITE itchy "you know where". I know that all the hair has an affect my

cleanliness & itchyness.

Q. Does anyone know where to go to get shaved?

This is quite embarrassing!

Thank you MSWorld for allowing me to ask this.

hugs, angel

(Almost forgot; I live in Saugus, Mass.
    livelover

Unscented baby wipes

You might try these if you have enough mobility.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Salons do what is called a Brazilian wax that removes all hair down there from the belly button to the small of your back. I've heard it hurts the first time the worst, and then by the third time not much at all.
      I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Don't shave or remove that hair, A! The grow-back is excruciating!! (How do I know this? hmmm.....) I like techie's idea of using the UNSCENTED baby wipes. As long as you're not allergic to any of the components of the wipes, you should be fine.
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

embarrassing Q.

Thanks for replies; just heard ad on radio-laser wax?

Curious to know what THAT'S about!

I hear ya, jazzgirl, but can't move legs.

hugs, angel
          livelover

Comment

Actually...

I worked in a laser hair removal clinic as a laser tech a couple years ago. I also had it done to myself. For the most part, it is permanent if you go through all 6-8 treatments. It worked great for me (think, no shaving!) until I had to do steroids. Some of the hair came back but it is MUCH easier to manage than before I had it done because the new hair grows in thinner.I had it done to my legs, bikini, and under arms. My legs I shave about once a week and that is only because there are a few spots that the hair grows back faster than others. My under arms are just like my legs and bikini.

If you are no longer doing steroids, laser hair removal might be a better option than having to wax every 2 weeks. The treatments are generally 6 weeks apart and you have to shave the area you want done 24-48hrs ahead of time. Most people start noticing improvement around the 2nd to 3rd treatment. Also, some people don't even need the 6-8 treatments. I had one client that only took 3 to totally stop the growth.

Just something you might consider!
            Rae Roy

Comment

I don't have mobility issues, but I do get a brazillian wax regularly, because, well I'm a girly girl and that is what I do! They do remove all the hair, though I have never had anyone wax from my belly button to the small of my back- they do remove ALL the hair in the vaginal and anal area, and it isn't quite as painful as you might expect and lasts quite some time.

Comment

hair issues

To all who responded, thanks, and I do have mobility

issues. Must one be able to stand, and, are there any of

those solons in or near Saugus, Mass.?

It's near Revere, Everett, Chelsea, Medford. 5 min from
                Boston. Thanks sincerely, angel
                livelover

Comment

I can only imagine

[QUOTE= ALL the hair in the vaginal and anal area QUOTE]
                  I have waxed my upper thighs and that was not too bad but I have so much hair. Do they trim the hair first?

Comment

Do you have a health tech or someone that comes to help you with your hygiene? I bet they would shave you if you asked.

I'd try google because I bet there might be someone that does home visits in your area if you are really intent on having the whole thing waxed. It can also be kind of expensive. Good luck.
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

[QUOTE=akafearless;1300979]
                      Originally posted by ALL the hair in the vaginal and anal area QUOTE
                      I have waxed my upper thighs and that was not too bad but I have so much hair. Do they trim the hair first?
                      When waxing, they do not normally trim because the longer the hair, the better the wax adhears to it and the easier it is to remove.
                      Rae Roy

Comment

Working...
                      X