does anybody else feel this way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anybody else feel this way?

I was dx in 2001 w/rrms, now thanks to black holes and numerous mri's I now have pprms. After changing neuros and eliminating many different meds I now feel close to my old self again after many years of fog. Recently started Tysabri. I was excited to start taking tysabri because I've heard so many good things about it and finally found a dr that didn't dismiss me because of the ppms-he threw a relapsing in the description.

Now I can take a treatment. That was just background info..now my question...I try to not complain. I feel people don't understand how I feel because I don't complain about things. Should I become a b#### and tell people how I really feel? I don't want to be a whiner but sometimes I need a "pity party". I'm not sleeping good and I'm so tired all the time. I have a headache every day and take Advil alot. I don't walk that good so I'm hesitant to take my pain meds, I'm afraid of falling again. Neuro did new MRI to check on headaches and sent me for a sleep study..still working on that. It seems that nothing is good enough for me anymore. Does anybody else feel this way?

Whenever I have something go majorly wrong, I have a pity party, I own up to the fact that I am having a pity party and then I move on.

My girlfriends sympathize with me during the pity party and then it is over. I have other girlfriends who do the same. Little pity party, get it out of your system and move on until you need another pity party.

Obviously, I am a firm believer in the pity party - but it is a once in awhile party ! It always makes me feel better afterwards.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Comment

Sandrab

ok, don't feel like you're alone in this fight we are all in against MS! I try not to complain too much and my kids are right next to me telling me to go to bed, take a nap I guess they, too, are feeling the pain that I feel all the time! And, yes I wake up with a migraine that lasts all day long for me! Today is shot night for me, doesn't help the headache, nothing really does! I found out that one of my best friend's mom found out she has stage 4 lung cancer, she is one of the strongest ladies I've ever known! So, to put it lightly, we are all in some kind of fight!
      Have a great day all of my MS friends!
      Blessings to all,
      Christine, aka, chrissy39 Shelton

Comment

Try this

My sister is a hospice doctor, and she shared this advice with me: give yourself a timed period to grieve for yourself, or have a huge anxiety attack. Say, ten minutes. Look at the clock and then give in to all the horrible thoughts. When time's up, you must leave those thoughts behind and move on to other things. Maybe every day, maybe twice a day, you decide how often but you must compress your pity party into those time frames and then resolve to think of other things. She does it herself and swears by it. I'm not so good at it, but it helps some.

Comment

Working...
        X