my knees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my knees

dear susan i hope you can help or give me some insight i have growths on the inside of my knees they are as big as my fist i ask the gp what they were he said they are just fat i am not a over weight person these growths stick out the side of my knees and are very embarrassing to the point i don't wear short or dress they hit together when i walk is this another symptoms of multiple sclerosis i feel they are interfering with my trying to walk which is hard to do

THEY can be Lipoma's Benign fatty tumors that can be removed but may grow back

Comment

I am not familiar with such symptoms being related to MS. I would definitely get another doctor's opinion as to further explanation as to what they may be and treatment options.

Do you use any assistive walking devices (cane, walker?). The quality of walking and your safety can be impacted when knees are affected by different things. If you find that it is hard for you to move around safely and requiring extra effort, you may want to talk to the doctor about them if you don't already use them.
      Be Well,
      Susan

Comment

Hi marylou:
        Multiple sclerosis is a disease of the central nervous system. It causes inflammation and degeneration of the brain (including the cranial nerves) and spinal cord. It doesn't cause growths on the outside of the body. So whatever the growths on your knees are, they weren't caused by MS.

If the growths are impairing your ability to walk, have you talked to your doctor about having them removed?

Comment

my kness

yes i will have a talk with my dr about them thanks very much for the in put i will have to try and do somthing thank you very much mary lou

Comment

susan

DEAR SUSAN SINCE I TALK TO YOU LAST I HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH GETTING ON LINE IT IS VERY HARD TO GET A APPOINTMENT TO SEE DR. I AM SURE THESE LUMPS ON MY KNEES ARE NOT RELATED TO MY MS BUT MY DR JUST RUSHIS ME OUT THE DOOR I WILL HAVE TO CORNER HIM THEY ARE INTERFERING WITH MY WAKING I THANK YOU FOR THE INSITE NOW I WISH I COULD GET BACK ON THE CHAT LINE I INJOY TALKING TO OTHER PEOPLE AS I AM WAY OUT IN THE COUNTY I DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL GO THEW TO YOU BUT HAVE A GOOD DAY MARYLOULARONDE

Comment

Hi maryloularonde
              Thanks for catching me up on things. Sorry to hear of your computer problems.

Is there another doctor you can go to? My belief is if a doctor is too busy to talk (most importantly listen) to you, they aren't the right ones for you.

I would still pursue getting them checked and perhaps treated as possible. The last thing you need is to continue with something that impairs you walking and jeopardizes your safety. You also don't want to cause further injury to them if that is something that may happen.

Thanks for keeping me posted

Best Regards
              Be Well,
              Susan

Comment

Working...
              X