Bladder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bladder question

Ive had a weak bladder ever since I was like 7 I was never good at holding my pee and when I need to urinate its pretty urgent. I dont think its the MS and even now I think most of my bladder issues are due to stress. Has anyone ever tried doing kegals and have any success?

Have you seen a urologist ? There is no way to tell what may help the problem unless you know what the problem is. You could have problems with the bladder muscle, the urethra, a small bladder, or other bladder disorders.

My recommendation is to see a urologist or urogynecologist.

Comment

I have weak bladder muscles. Done the exercises and didn't help. Urologist said he could do surgery but I said no I would just about as soon to pee on myself. I have heard of so many people having the surgery and having many complications with it or it not working at all

Comment

what kind of surgery were they going to do?? something like the interstim might work if your issues are not related to your ms. if they are related to your ms then i would ask your urologist.

Comment

i also have had bladder issues for several years. now keep in mind i was just recently diagnosed with ms in april 2011. i went to my urologist 4 yrs ago after my 3rd and last child was born thinking my bladder had dropped. i had the test done and there was no bladder drop or issues with bladder leakage. i still have to wear a liner because of leakage. after being diagnosed with ms and reading about it, i learned that it was the ms causing bladder spasms. i dont run a medical office and do check myself frequently for uti's. i do recommend checking first to see if it is a uti.
          for the ones that have this same issue and it is related to ms what do you do for treatment? any suggestions? i did noticed when i was on steroids it seemed to help but i dont want to be on steroids everyday and gain all that weight.
          ~Christy's MS~

Comment

AshNight, I agree, you need to see a urologist to rule out other conditions.

While you are waiting for your appt try taking 400 mg of magnesium 2x/day. It has been a wonder drug for me.

Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer so if bladder muscle spasms are the culprit, this may reduce the problem. For me it was a night/day difference within hours of the 1st dose.
            DX 10/2008
            Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
            Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
            Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
            X