Pain/irritation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain/irritation

For the last two years Ihave suffered with some pain/irritation in various places "down there". It tends to move around a little bit, but for the past several months it has been in the left labia. It feels sore and irritated a lot of time....and I was told that it was vulvodnia. It just bothers me. There is really no redness of any kind, and it does not feel any different than the other side. It is just more sensitive. My MS doctor said that many women suffer from these types of symptoms, and I was just wondering if any of you do, and what you do for it.
    Busy mom of 3 little red heads!!!
    Diagnosed RRMS - May 2005

Did Dr. help you with vulvodynia?

If you were told you had vulvodynia, did the doctor then go on to tell you what to do about it? If not, shame on the doctor. Do an internet search on "vulvodynia multiple sclerosis." There is too much info out there so you really need a doctor who specializes in it. Perhaps go to a site that could recommend a doctor to help you. Hope you get some relief.

Comment

I've had this very symptom since before my diagnosis with MS. My gynecologist gave me Premarin Cream (which doesn't help). An ice pack helps with the pain. I never dreamed it was related to MS. That's why this message board is so helpful. Thank you for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnwillow View Post
        I've had this very symptom since before my diagnosis with MS. My gynecologist gave me Premarin Cream (which doesn't help). An ice pack helps with the pain. I never dreamed it was related to MS. That's why this message board is so helpful. Thank you for posting.
        Yep, it can be. I think it is because the nerves get raw at times. My doctor gave me a cream that has to be compounded. It has Lidocaine in it and it does seem to help numb the area. The one thing that I have noticed is that the symptoms seem to disappear during my periods. It comes back by the end of it, but for a few days, I get relief!
        Busy mom of 3 little red heads!!!
        Diagnosed RRMS - May 2005

Comment

Sounds like my itch

When I read your post SamandMattsmom I was actually glad as it validates my problem to some extent. My intense itch is near the Eurethra, Labia on the right side. It is almost debiitating.

My GYN did notice swelling and redness in the general vaginal area, which since I'm 66 and well past menopause he said it was vaginal atrophy which is a thinning of the tissue and a common problem for women as we age.

He gave me vagifem which works well.

The itch drives me almost insane and though he's given me numerous cremes, ointments and gels, nothing works. So..of to the neuro. Since I've also had the same itching on the bottom of my foot (right side) I'm leaning toward this being an MS nerve issue (weird as this is). I almost feel nuts hoping it is; just so desperate to stop itching.

I'll let you know what he says.

Diane
          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
          X