Bladder problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bladder problems

I was just recently diagnosed with MS at the end of March and recently began having problems down there. I've noticed that I have a frequent need to urinate and often see some leakage once I"ve gotten to the bathroom. Is this caused by the MS or the Betaserson that i'm on?

its not a usual side effect of betaseron- similar problems can be MS related but they can also be simple UTI- you need to see your Doctor, its easy to start thinking every problem is MS related when that is not true

Comment

I agree, you need to see your doc to be tested for UTI ... BUT while you are waiting for your appt I suggest you try taking magnesium.

Your issues sound similiar to mine. Neuro & Uro agreed it was MS related - probably bladder muscle spasms - but I didn't do the testing due to cost.

What I did was begin taking 400mg magnesium 2X/day. Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer, so for me, it relaxed the muscle so I had no more sudden urges with only tinkle, tinkle. This relief came within hours for me.
      DX 10/2008
      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

get to your urologist!!

Comment

Working...
        X