Copaxone and facial flushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone and facial flushing?

I have been on Copaxone since March of this year. And, since then I have experienced some facial flushing similar to roseca. It's not right after an injection. So, I have been told that it is not related.

However, per the package insert Copaxane causes vasodiolation. Besides being diagnosed with MS in Jan...nothing else has changed. I can't stand getting this red face that I get at some point during the day. I know there are much worse concerns.

Has anyone else experienced this? Sometimes I feel like a hypocondriac since i have not been that symptomatic over the last 10 years.
    Right now..I just have some residual parasthesia in my left hand from a flare up in Jan. But, it is so minor now and doesn't impact me from typing, holding things,etc. Of course, it would be nice if it went away.

I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. But, like I have posted before..I am lucky. My insurance company has covered my medication costs, etc. My boss has been understanding.

Well, I am rambling..I have got to go to bed. I think things were better when I could just blame everything on the stress from work.

Hi there, yes, I can relate to what you are saying. I recently have been getting this along with waves of feeling hot and clammy and red. It seems to start about an hour after I inject and comes and goes over the next few hours. I am going to mention it to MS nurse when I see her. Ive been only on this for just over a month so will wait and see how it goes. Heather

Comment

Thanks Heather!

I know I looked at the PI and it indicates that Vasodiloation was a side effect for 20%.

Sorry that you are experiencing the same thing as well. From a vanity standpoint, I have tried this "redness solution" line from a cosmetic company. It doesn't cure it. But, at least it makes me feel less like a clown.

Hang in there.

jmel

Comment

Working...
      X