Where did all the threads go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did all the threads go?

I've been wondering where all the threads regarding stem cell procedures went....

The Israel and Costa Rico threads contained such good information and a great group of people who made the journey.

It's sad that the tread is now dominated by a thread that claims 'cure' in the title. Too little evidence and particiation in that protocol to call it a cure....jmoi
    I'm not perfect....just forgiven!

I dont know if hsct is actually a "cure", but from what I read, it sure seems to do the best job of keeping the beast at bay. some folks have had it done for 10yrs and seem to be doing fine and disease free. Do you think it is a bad idea to seek it as a treatment? I'm no doctor, but my understanding is that stem cell injections only patch over a rotten spot and dont really help with progression of the disease. Is that not true? I am recently diagnosed and am freaking out trying to learn all f my options and which way to turn. My neuro was not convinced in hsct, but when my GP researched it and read what I read, he told me to go for it since it has been around for 50yrs. I would love for someone to talk me out of trying to get this done to stop my frantic fund raising and applying to clinical trials. If it is not the best bet for my quickly progressing ms, please tell me otherwise.

Comment

Working...
    X