Pain with Copaxone Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain with Copaxone Injection

Tonight I took my injection in my abdomen. Shortly after I had sharp pain going through my stomach, right side and back. I couldn't move to walk back to my bed. I couldn't lift my right arm. Every time I tried to move the pain became more excruciating. Eventually the pain subsided but it was hard for me to breathe. Feels like I have indigestion. Inside my body feels jittery and I am very weak. I need to rest. I don't know what is going on.
    "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
    Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Did you call shared solutions or your doc?
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

This same EXACT feeling happens to me every single time I inject my stomach. It didn't start until about 4 months after I started copaxone. I have to wait until I am ready for bed to inject there because all I can do to help the pain is lay on my side in the fetal position.

This, along with other side effects, is what made me and my dr decide to switch medicines.

But definitely call Shared Solutions, they are very helpful and the professionals on these weird side effects!

Feel better and good luck!
      "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power
      is made perfect in weakness." -2 Cor. 12:9

dx 11.23.10 RRMS

Comment

Thank you both for your concerns and suggestions. I did not call SS although I should have. I went to bed and felt better when I woke up this morning. I think I still should call them just to report it. Thanks again.
        "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
        Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

Hmm...

I had the same reaction to an injection into my stomach once. It didn't occur to me to call SS at the time, and I haven't had a recurrence since. I sort of thought it was the location of the injection -- I think it was higher up than I usually give them.

If you do call, I'd be interested to hear their response.
          ~Jenny~
          Diagnosed 12/2010
          Copaxone 1/2011

Comment

Working...
          X