No announcement yet.

gratitude journaling......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll join you here, as I know it does help to count your blessings (and I have many!) On Facebook in November, I went through the entire month and posted something that I was thankful for every day for a month.

So, today, I am grateful for my family. I love my children and grandchildren very much. I am also very thankful for my friends, both in my "real" life and my online friends too. They're all such a blessing to me!

Hugs to all!

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Today I am grateful

that that I don't have to be on disability and I can go to work and be independent and not rely on anyone for right now.......( I know my days may be numbered, but let me happy for now) .

AND I'm grateful for all the Veterans who gave their service and their lives for my freedom that I have today. GOD BLESS and take care of you all.
      T-tk (dx RR 10/08 Copax.2008)
      Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way.

Comment

alot of great things to be grateful for! sooo glad you guys are jumping on board with this...

today i'm grateful for my mind. that its there and still fully in tact lol

i'm grateful for the kid next door who mowed my lawn and did a pretty good job this time

i'm thankful for my older daughter who came by and babysat my youngest so i could go have dinner with a friend

i'm thankful that i found here and am learning alot more than i did just 2 weeks ago and i have somewhere that ppl get it!

whose next??
        Jen Dx'd 5/11
        "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Thankful

Sometimes we do need to focus on the good things we have since others (outsiders to MS) don't really understand us like we understand each other here at the 'World'!

Today, I'm thankful that:
          I can see out of both my eyes,
          I can use my cane instead of my walker,
          I have understanding supervisors where I work, that know I have limitations, and will remind me that it's okay to adjust my workload before I over-extend my self,
          That its a 3 day weekend to just 'veg' out and enjoy it!
          The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

so very true....

if we dont' try to see the good that we have in this, what else do we have?

ms has made me appreciate simple things that i took for granted for years.

i was grateful today that i was able to go clothes shopping for a little while with bday money my husband gave me.

i was grateful today that my neighbor sat and talked w/me for an hr. about things other than this!

I am grateful that there are options out there and that i dont' have cancer or als some disease that there is no approaches diet etc that will assist it in anyway. i'm still here, we're all still here. may not be how we thought we'd be here yet we're still in the game
            Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Yup - still in the game! (i like that)

Well, today I'm thankful for my 89 yr. old mother. When we have conversations (her semi-senile brain and my MS scrambled brain), we know what the other is trying to say. We both have gaps in our sentences (trying to find the right word) and try to fill in for each other. It ends up being hilarious and we both crack up laughing

Wait! Is that really funny?
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Josie

Today I am thankful for a wonderful week end and that I am learning that I just need to rest for about 30 minutes before I start another project no matter how small. If I listen closely to my body I know when I need to take a break. My health is very important and I need to stop pushing my body!!! Now that I have a diagonosis I know that I am not crazy! Hope you all had a great Memorial day. Thanks to those who gave All!

Comment

Graditude

I too have the book Simple Abundance.
                  I read a little bit everyday.Mostly in the morning while I drink my coffee and listen to the birds.

It really helps me distract myself from negitive thoughts,
                  and keeps me on track of being grateful of all the blessings
                  and grateness in my life.

I have a new graditude journel,I just have to start writing
                  in it.Sunshine you have inspired me and I will start tonight.

I am grateful for my wonderful husband who does so much
                  for me.My beautiful children,Ben and Ty.My great pet's who
                  keep me company during the day.

Also this site and the people on it for helping me deal with
                  MS and the things we deal with while having this disease.

Comment

Gratitude

Today I am most grateful for the Christian songs on my IPOD that help me get through work each day. It takes my mind off other things and helps me get my work done. I also have a lot of 60's and 70's music on the ipod that takes me a long time ago. Love it!

Comment

wow

i have to be honest, when i check in here from time to time i'm all choked up.

your all so touching and just amazing people. truly. i'm so thrilled that you got a gratitude journal and yup that book is the BEST!

today i'm grateful that i made a decision with how i will move forward right now with my new dx.

i'm grateful that i was able to watch a movie with my daughter.

im grateful for my friends and family who are sticking by me thru this and trying to give support.

i'm grateful for my neighbor who ran a cable wire into my daughte'rs room so maybe just maybe the little girl will begin to sleep again

your all great people

ok whose next??
                      Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Gratitude

Today I am thankful that another road block is gone. I had another mammogram and ultra sound yesterday and the cyst is shrinking. No biopsy at this time. Come back in three months. Praise God. Now for the sleep study on Sunday night and maybe I will be finished with most of these tests. I am so very grateful that I have insurance that has paid for all of this!

Comment

Today

I am extremely grateful for the UPS delivery guy who came back to my house with my 3 months supply of Copaxone,( after I couldn't get to the door quick enough when he came in the morning)-- because he knew it was refrigerated medication and it wouldn't be good over the weekend in this hot weather out of the fridge. What a GREAT thing he did for me !
                          T-tk (dx RR 10/08 Copax.2008)
                          Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way.

Comment

I'm awake

I had a sleep study last night and still got to work at 7A.M.
                            and am still awake at almost 2PM. Another test out of the way. I am thankful!!!

Comment

Today I am thankful for "fellows" at the MS Eye Clinic who are doing studies that I qualify for, giving me $100s (maybe even $1000s) of FREE extensive testing. I'll gladly take 5 hs off work & drive 30 min to do their studies.
                              DX 10/2008
                              Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                              Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                              Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

A hard day

Last day of school and a very hard emotional day for me. About 7 people lost their jobs and today is their last day. Went to the luncheon but started to cry before it even began so I'm back in my office with the door closed. I hate being so emotional sometimes but I've always been this way. God made me this way for a reason. Nothing new, I'm just NOT a good-by kind of person!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X