Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gratitude journaling......

hi

yup its' me the newbie, how new i am to it all i dont' know. got the "offical" dx days ago yet truth is being handling the bizarre symptoms of years and everyone saying ahh it's just anxiety! yea ok anxiety my butt is what i kept saying and digging away i did.

so here i sit and thought how can i pull some decent junk out of the fact my life is harder, has been more challenging and will continue to be so....

a great book i read a while back i keep it in our living room is "Simple Abundance" a daybook of comfort and joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach

it's about life, desires, dreams, hope

gratitude journaling...

i'm starting mine today:

I will write all i'm grateful for, especially on the bad days which i'm like ok this bites, why oh why me and so on 'm sure you have all been there way more than I.

so today i'm giong to write:

i'm grateful my eyes didn't wack out today ( yesterday they did squinted my way thru town )
    i'm grateful i am able to eat dinner with my daughter and watch a movie with her
    i'm grateful for my safe home
    food in my refrigerator
    the fact here it didn't rain!

who's with me on this?? anyone else want to do the gratitude journal? give it a try?

whose next??..........................
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Hi sunshine:
    It looks like you're onto something!

There's a spirituality blog I follow from time to time. Maybe a year or so ago, the guy who writes it did a blog about gratitude journaling. He started out by saying that he thought it was oversimplistic and kind of stupid. But he said that the one thing he couldn't deny is that it absolutely works for building a healthy mind and spirit and encouraged everyone to do it. He said that even he started writing about the things he was grateful for and found it to be highly beneficial.

Another proponent of gratitude journaling is Dr. Daniel Amen, the "healthy brain" psychiatrist who's had several programs on PBS.

While I don't write my list down (I admit that I probably should), I end every day by going over the things I'm grateful for. I believe that it keeps me realistic and has gotten me through some tough times.

Thanks for posting on this important topic.

Comment

yes i'ts hard for me to make myself do it also. yet i'm going to do it on my pc each night. you should to. i think it's good to look back on it also. help put things into perspective a bit.

not trying to be too disgustingly positive.... lol just trying to find some coping mechanims that work and wanted to share...

1 taker isnt' bad sooo far??
      Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

We did this in high school (during a year that was incredibly hard for me...) and I absolutely loved it.

I am in.

Today I am thankful for:

Our Therapy Cat Jake (through the Cat Rescue I volunteer at). Today I am taking him to a fundraiser and I can't wait to see the kids' faces at storytime.

The sun (it has been raining here non-stop!).

My husband... who is my rock. Without him I couldn't do it most days.
        Erin

doing the Limbo since 2005

Comment

I'm in too! There are so many things to be grateful for - both small and large. First, I want to say, Sunshine008, that you are a ""ray"" of sunshine I've enjoyed reading your positive posts and, in light of the fact that you just got your dx, that's huge!!

Today I am very grateful that I was able to walk a little ways in our mall while shoping, cane on one side and dh on the other holding my hand. He is my rock! We then went and bought a new temperpedic mattress as I have been suffering on our old one.

After a dry week, which is always a treat here, the soft rains outside are watering my new veggie seeds in our garden.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

wow thank you so much, you made me cry lol. i've been very emotional lately.... i guess it's par for the course. i feel everything magnified by like 3!

your cat how great is that?? i have two rescue dogs that melt my heart and also drive me nuts. i'm truly hoping i can keep them moving forward.

today i'm grateful for:

having the best ice cream cone that my daugther got for me from the ice cream truck.

my husband he's my best friend

that i was able to go to my nephew's communion with out my legs spazzing out

that i have a really good a.c. in my room that my sweet husband put in the other night after working 16 hours long because i was flipping out due to humidity lol

ok, whose next??
            Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

I'm in for positive too ....

New poster, but not new to MS.

I'm grateful today that I can still work, walk & exercise !

I'm in a probable flare( arm pain, weakness, muscle spasms), but I refuse to let it get in my way.

Terie-tk

The best things in life aren't things
              T-tk (dx RR 10/08 Copax.2008)
              Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way.

Comment

wow thats alot! good for you!

i'm flaring now as well. i did let it stop me a little i'm laying o my bed with that very ice cream cone in a mommy time out lol.

i'm also grateful for my neighbor gotta give him a "shout out" lol.... he's in his 60's and like a dad to me. he was building me a bike today, yes building me a bike because he knew how badly i wanted one! how adorable is that? i'm a lucky person

ok whose next??
                Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

no new takers to our gratitude journaling yet??

ok i'll go again...

today i was grateful that my limp suddenly disappeared, i was able to get thru a busy day pretty ok.

my daughter did well in her dance class.

i ate salmon for dinner trying to be healthy and it didn't taste that bad lol.

ok whose next???
                  Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Tingly

Ok Sunshine

I have been diagnosed for five years. Felt completely normal for those five years just had a flare up a month ago. I stopped feeling normal. Numbness and tingles in my legs.

I am grateful that the tingles have ceased.
                    I am grateful that I can still work.
                    I am remodeler and still rocking!

I will contribute to this with you all!
                    I really appreciate this forum.

Thx,
                    Reggie

Dx 2006
                    Copax 06-07
                    Betaseron ever since.
                    Keep Moving!

Comment

Today I am thankful for:

The last day of school for my kids

Baclofen & Tizanidine for my muscles LOL

The people who still have faith in my talent as a photographer, even when I feel this disease holds me back.

Music. I do choir and occasionally fill in for our church's Praise Band and we rehearse on Thursday nights. Sometimes that is all that gets me through the day. Music fills my soul with joy.
                      Erin

doing the Limbo since 2005

Comment

Josie

That has been my favorite book for about 10 years but these days I don't feel too creative. I still think about doing things like a gratitude journal but it seems I don't have the attention span to sit down and do it. I have lots of beautiful hand made journals and some that I have bought so if you all will be my cheer leaders I'll try to put forth a little more effort.

My gratitude for today is that within two weeks of being diagonosed I've found this site. I know there will be lasting friendships made here!

Comment

Today I am grateful for my chiropractor who is awesome! Went there this am feeling bad all over and now - feels like a new day

Also grateful for a friend coming to visit soon that hasn't given up on me even tho I can't do to much anymore.

Eternally grateful for MSW
                          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Today

Today I am thankful for Friday! It lets me know that God has allowed and helped me throught another work week.

Comment

I am thankful I am physically/mentally able to work AND have a job! There are many aspects of this job/company that are an answer to years of prayer ...
                              DX 10/2008
                              Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                              Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                              Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
                              X