Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that a cell phone vibrating in my pocket or what?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a cell phone vibrating in my pocket or what?!

Um...ok this is going to sound weird but about 6 months ago I started feeling this buzzing sensation...down there. I thought it was my cell phone but I would reach into my pocket and there was nothing there. I have an IUD for protection against pregnancy so I thought it was that until I asked my GYN and she looked at me funny.
    I would have the sensation on and off daily for months. Then 6 months later I get LHermitte's which is the buzzing/electricity down the back feeling. When I had my MRI there were 2 lesions. The active one is in on my c-spine so thats causing my Lhermittes. I wonder if the the buzzing in my who-ha was due to the t-spine lesion that is not actively demylinating.
    By the way...does LHermittes ever go away?
    I dont get the buzzing down there anymore...but I would love to know I wasn't alone. This symptom really cracks me up
    -See
    ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
    Dx the first time: 10/25/11
    Avonex 1/12-10/12
    Revaluation of Dx 10/12
    Rediagnosis 7/14

Hello seeuinct,

I get vibrations from the waist down and yes, that includes the girlie parts. I find it annoying and quite uncomfortable when I have both vibrations and numbness in that area.

Cervical Spinal Cord lesions can cause problems from that point down.

I have had L'Hermittes for 26 years, it was part of my first exacerbation which got me diagnosed. There are many times I don't notice it but it has never gone away.

When I am headed towards an exacerbation or having a pseudo-exacerbation the L'Hermittes will increase in intensity and go back to what is normal for me afterwards.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks SNOOP-

I forget about my lhermittes until I get stressed or am on my feet a lot. Then it seems to get worse, or "louder" if that makes sense. It's good to know I'm not the only one buzzing away all day.
      ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
      Dx the first time: 10/25/11
      Avonex 1/12-10/12
      Revaluation of Dx 10/12
      Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

I also "buzz". Not always but it is strange. Nice to hear of others that have the same symptom.
        This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Buzzin'

Oh thank goodness! I am not the only one looking for my non-existent cell phone...I swear one day I thought everyone in the US was texting me all day long.LOL...This is one symptom I haven't quite had the guts to mention to my neuro, even though he's probably heard it all, but still.......this is MY hoohah we're talking about. I don't want him telling the residents he teaches: "Oh yes, this patient with RRMS has cellphone-itis in her Hoohah.." Nope, not ready..lol
          The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

Too Funny!!!!

Never in a million years did I imagine that I would be reading about people that have these same odd symptoms that I do,I find it very amusing that when we all first felt this symptom it was thought to be a cell phone because that was my exact way of describing it to my husband...I just joined today and already it is proving useful and helpful. I have not yet been diagnosed with ms even after 5 years solid of test after test...i am hopeing that one of the doctors that i see in the future will not have his head up his butt and be willing to help me find a diagnosis....

Comment

Yep, had that one too. Along with muscle spasms in the hooha as well. Oh the fun of spinal lesions

Comment

I thought I was going nuts. Thanks for posting this!! I have it too.

Comment

Very funny. This one hit me last summer as well and comes back every now and again. The other day I thought of this thread when it happened once more while I was out squatting on the pool deck testing the water. Buzz, buzz, buzz. I remembered this thread, then reached back to feel my pocket where I almost never keep my cell phone, and guess what?

My cell phone was buzzing! Now I get it. Before, it was just a buzzing sensation to me. Now it has a comparison IRL, and it is an identical sensation.

I laughed out loud when finding out it actually was a cell phone this time.
                  I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Yep had it too, now only if it could bring back my libido

Comment

Working...
                    X