Fed Up with Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed Up with Tests

In the last 3 weeks I have had a gastric emptying test which consist of eating a scrambled egg that is laced with radioactive dye and then you lie on a hard table like MRI or CT scan only for 90 minutes while they watch how you digest food.

I followed that test up with the semi-annual MRI.

Just this last Monday I had to have an MRI of my breasts.

With each of these tests you have to lie in uncomfortable positions and then they expect you to get up and leave when they are done.

I have told everyone of the techs that I have MS and have problems with muscles not working well after not moving for a period of time.

The breasts MRI was the worst for me but the tech helped me the most afterward.

Do any of you ladies have your muscles take a vacation or nap when you have to have these tests?
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

I had a gastric emptying test a few years ago (mine was oatmeal.) Very uncomfortable. I just had my biannual MRI (thoracic) a couple of weeks ago, and I'm scheduled for an EEG on Friday. The MRI was especially uncomfortable because it was hot! I made the mistake of wearing long sleeves, and I felt like they'd shoved me into one of those BBQ smokers.

I don't do well with these test, and like you, I'm about fed up with them too. I think it's time for a break!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I think that is the worst part about the tests- how sore my muscles get afterwards- and not just for a few hours, but for days after. Boo!

So I can commiserate. Yuck!
      Erin

doing the Limbo since 2005

Comment

My sister had breast cancer and told me the breast MRI was really uncomfortable due to positioning.

I'm fed up with doctors . I was having a hard time getting around latter part of 2010, then had surgery for the pump, and so now I've recovered from that and am able to get myself to appointments, I'm catching up on all my doctor visits that I put off last year (and I hate to go to the doctor.)

Been to the GP, the dentist, the gynecologist, the neurologist, the dermatologist, had to see the physiatrist to adjust the pump a few times, had the annual "smash-o-gram", and the dexascan...all the while visiting the PT guy twice a week. i have no energy left after seeing drs. and having tests.

I often wonder if they understand how much the visits and tests wear on our energy level. Heck, I'm pooped from getting ready to go, even before I step foot out of the house.

Comment

Working...
        X