Vivid Dreams!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivid Dreams!

I almost never dream or if I do, I forget what I dreamed about within minutes of waking up or only remember very vague impressions of what I dreamed of.

But for the past couple of weeks, since I've been in this bad flare and having weird seizure-like activity as I'm going to sleep, I've been having extremely vivid, detailed dreams about people I have never dreamed of before.

For example, a few nights ago, I dreamed I was on a camp out/ghost investigation with Jason and Grant from the Ghost Hunters show (that one was kind of cool. We didn't find anything, thank goodness, because I'm afraid of ghosts!)

Night before last I dreamed that I was with two of my co-workers giving a lecture at Vanderbuilt Medical Center in Nashville. (I've only been there once, and that was about four years ago.) I somehow got separated from them and was trying to find them and the car. Again, the buildings and the people I met were extremely detailed. (I've dreamed of co-workers several time during these two weeks, and I've never done so before.)

Last night, I dreamed of an old boyfriend who I haven't seen in 30 years. I haven't thought about him in a long, long time either. We were at the house where I grew up, and my mom, who passed away five years ago, was there, as was my soon-to-be-ex-husband, who was furious because this old boyfriend was kissing me. (Just to clarify, I would never kiss an old boyfriend in front of or behind my husband's back either, even though we're separated.)

The best dream I've had was night before last when I dreamed the rapture happened (or else I died, I'm not sure which.) I was flying through the air (which was dark) and there were other people around me. I remember thinking, "Oh, so this is how it happens." I got to Heaven, and was trying to find my family, but I really wanted to see Jesus because I wanted to be with him more than anything. I was extremely disappointed when I woke up and realized that that one was just a dream.

So, anyway, these dreams happen every time I go to sleep. As I said, they are extremely vivid and detailed, about people I don't normally dream about, and I remember them very clearly after I wake up. For the most part, they are pleasant. This is highly unusual for me. (I almost look forward to going to sleep because it's been like going to the movies. All I need is popcorn!)

Could this be related to brain lesions or the seizure-thingies I've been having when I drop off to sleep? Has anyone else had very vivid dreams like this?
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

I have always had very vivid dreams so I am no help.

It is the nights where I don't remember having any dreams that I start to worry (those are actually the nights where I usually wake up feeling very rested). Very unusual for me. LOL
    Erin

doing the Limbo since 2005

Comment

Are you taking any new meds? When I took Elavil for nerve pain I had vivid dreams. Bizarre dreams too.
      Portia

Comment

I take invega to suppress my dreams and nightmares.Than when I was in PA at an indian shop I bought a dream catcher for good measure

Comment

Originally posted by Portia View Post
          Are you taking any new meds? When I took Elavil for nerve pain I had vivid dreams. Bizarre dreams too.
          The only new thing I was taking is oil of oregano capsules. I stopped taking them two days ago though because they were increasing my fatigue.

The odd thing about some of these dreams too is that I might not remember them when I first wake up, but I'll remember them later in the day. Usually, if you don't remember and think about your dreams right away, your brain won't store the chemicals that make up those dream memories in your long term memory storage. Mine evidently is, at least for now. Weird!
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I take lexapro to help with the dreams. I have narcolepsy and too much REM stage (dream) is part of the disease. at first I thought the neuro was nuts when he told me to take an anti-depressant for dreams. I looked it up and sure enough it's listed as helpful.

I think I remember that you mentioned that you were taking oil of oregano for a yeast infection. you might look up candida and see if the kill off of the yeast causes extra fatigue, dreams; some of your new symptoms. It might be that your problems are actually the first steps towards candida recovery. Then, maybe not who knows with wacky bodies what they're doing.
            What if trials of this life
            Are Your mercies in disguise?
            "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Hey Shashi,

Wow! Those dreams sound very interesting. I am very interested in dreams, because I believe sometimes God uses them to speak to us (expecially the vivid ones you are talking about). The fact that you remember them so well is interesting as well.

When I started having MS onset symptoms I had some very vivid dreams as well. The first was a vision of a man that had broke into our house in the middle of the night. I had a knife and was trying to cut him, but every time I did, his skin grew back over and healed. At that moment I realized something was happening in my body that would not give up.

My second dream was a dream of my family driving in a tornado storm with many of them surrounding us, one of them started picking up our car, whipped us around and dropped us on the ground, causing us to run for safety. We found safety in a house that had one our pastors in it. A week later this same pastor in my dream took my family out for dinner and asked us to work in kids church where we teach.

You have a heart for God, I can tell. The vision you had about heaven and seeing Jesus tells me that. You will see Him someday, but He still has purpose for you here. Pray about what that is, because He is speaking to you!

Remember what happened to Job. The enemy asked God who he could test, and God said, Job is a man who you can attack and he will never curse me. God told Satan, "attack his body but you cannot take his life". Through years and years of horrible sickness, God gave everything back to him and much, much more.

Hang in there and have hope!

Nathan
              Christ now gives us courage and confidence, so that we can come to God by faith. Eph. 3:11 (DX 2/11)

Comment

usually normal, occasional vivid & strange

I've always had normal dreams, but since I started having MS symptoms I've also had very vivid & strange dreams on & off. Last night was one & I hope it wasn't God talking to me because I was dead & seeing how my family was doing, noticed that my daughter & her current BF broke up & she was ok but he was miserable, then I was flying around town checking on everyone else ,.... I woke up EXHAUSTED!!! I'm not sure if it's MS, copaxone or elavil doing it but thankfully it doesn't happen every night.

Comment

My dreams changed when I was diagnosed with MS, but I'm not sure if it was the disease or all the medications I am on. The dreams are much moe vivid and three dimensional and my therapist and I talk about them and gain insight from them.

I can understand your disappointment in not seeing Jesus, you see I did get to see Him. I had a near death experience in the hospital. I saw Him, but He didn't speak, just smiled and sent me back.
                  Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hi Gem,

That is really amazing. I would like to hear more of the near death experience you had. My email is in my profile, or maybe you could post on this thread.

Nathan
                    Christ now gives us courage and confidence, so that we can come to God by faith. Eph. 3:11 (DX 2/11)

Comment

I often notice more vivid dreams on the night I have my Avonex injection.

Comment

I'd like to hear more about your experience too, GEM. I have been reading near-death experience accounts at www.nderf.org, and they are just fascinating. There are almost 3,000 experiences posted there. (You could post your experience there too, if you want. I posted the one I had when I saw my mom, who was in a coma and dying, while I was unconscious having a four-hour surgery.)

These experiences have really shown me that this life is a "school" where we come to learn to love God and to love each other. It makes things easier to bear knowing that we helped pick out our experiences here based on the things we need to learn. Now, I try to find the lesson in each experience that I have. And I'm looking forward to going Home someday.

Comment

Oh, and Nathan, thank you. I do think the dream about Heaven was a gift from God, just to give me a preview of Home. And while I'm longing to get there and get more and more homesick every day, I know I've still got more to do here.

Hugs,

Lisa

Comment

I had collapsed at home due to what turned out to be a adrenal insufficiency and was taken to the hospital. Fortunately, they put me in a unit with constant cardiac monitoring. I remember a sudden flurry of activity around me and people yelling my name and knuckling my breastbone, and then everything went dark. I thought, "Isn't something supposed to happen now?" and suddenly, Jesus was there.

I saw him as a young, bearded man, surrounded by bright light. We didn't say anything to each other,I simply waited for His will. He smiled at me and suddenly, I was back, awake in the hospital bed with the nurses all around me. They told me later that they thought they were going to lose me and on my records it said acidosis of my system.

I now feel that there is a life on the other side and I know that there is a loving, caring God for all of us, no matter our faith. I'm sure that if I were buddist, I would have seen Buddah, Muslim I would have seen Mohammad - God would have sent me the messenger that ment the most to me. There is a serenity in knowing.
                            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Wow, that must have been very scary experience, but comforting as well. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

Comment

Working...
                              X