Buzzing/vibrations when I sit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzing/vibrations when I sit?

I have had this buzzing on and off since before my diagnosis.

I don't notice it when I am up and moving around or when I am lying down but when I sit, I notice it.

I it like this bzzzzzzzzzzzzz though the center of my body down my arms.

When I had this before it was an on and off sensation. Now it is constant.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have something similar that I believe to be spasticity. I notice it when I sit - I think it's because your muscles loosen enough to make it visible.

Comment

Vibrations/buzzing are perfectly normal abnormal sensations when having MS.

I do notice these sensations more after I have been doing things or exercising and then sit down. I have had vibrations/buzzing sensations with me from my first exacerbation and have simply learned to ignore them for the most part.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

wow

Now, that's one I haven't heard before, not that I'm any kind of expert.

I don't get a buzzing sensation but I do get the occasionaly 'tremor' up my back when I sit down. I get vibrations in my legs. No idea where it comes from and usually, I can get it to stop by rubbing the area if I can reach it. If not, it is just one more thing to make the day interesting.

Comment

I have had the buzzing sensation in my private area like I'm sitting on a cellphone on vibrate At first it was funny and strange, then really annoying.

On another MS forum, someone recommended quercetin, which is a supplement that I picked up at the GNC. Took 500 mg. a day and lo and behold the buzzing stopped.

Now I really can't say it was the quercetin, it may have stopped on it's own, but I'm not the only one to try it successfully. I also was reading about quercetin on a site about bladder problems which surprised me.

Comment

Lhermitte's sign

I was told this was Lhermitte's sign.

I had it from the time after my first Solumedrol treatment until I started dmd's - about a month. It's such a CRAZY feeling! Like your tailbone has a built-in cellphone.
            "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power
            is made perfect in weakness." -2 Cor. 12:9

dx 11.23.10 RRMS

Comment

Originally posted by Kelsey.23 View Post
              I was told this was Lhermitte's sign.
              L'Hermittes is when you bend your head down and have abnormal sensations (buzzing/vibrations, electrical shock sensation). The sensation will last only seconds but can be repeated each time you bend your head.

If you were having abnormal sensation (buzzing/vibrations, ect.) without bending your head down, it is not L'Hermittes.

L'Hermittes is not exclusive to MS but when related to this disease is caused by a lesion(s) on the cervical spinal cord.
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

From time to time I might stand up and feel something like electrical shocks going down my thighs, shins, to my feet. It doesn't happen often. I don't know if that's like what you have but other members have described a buzzing electrical sensation going down the limbs. The nerve impulses are acting up again.
                Show 'em who's got guts. Don't back down - Brian Wilson
                ******Surfer ED******

Comment

Working...
                X