Dear God..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear God..

why does the pain have to be so bad??? Just wondering.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Contrary to what some believe MS does cause pain; sometimes all by itself and sometimes secondarily as a result of something like muscle spasticity. Both can be treated by your neurologist and should be. If it isn't, something's wrong.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

so sorry you're in so much pain. it's so frustrating to deal with it and when you have faith in God, praying to get better it's easy to get discouraged. but you got to remember that the devil is also at work in this world. he wants to bring down believers and he plays dirty.
      we're not promised an easy life here on earth, but help to get through it and a promise that things will be perfect in heaven. hang in there! consult your neuro about the pain. perhaps he'll give you something to relieve it or send you to pain mgmt. or PT. don't know until you ask.
      take care and may God bless you!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I ask GOD that all the time!! I'm not a complainer but I can't help it these days!! Some times I would rather give birth naturally(AGAIN) than to feel the "MS" pain!!

~Diagnosed July 2010~ ~Rebif July 2010-June 2011~Copaxone Aug.-Oct 2011~ No more shots for me!!~ I choose quality over quanity!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babygirl_vic View Post
          I ask GOD that all the time!! I'm not a complainer but I can't help it these days!! Some times I would rather give birth naturally(AGAIN) than to feel the "MS" pain!!
          It always irritates the krap out of me when I have to hear some moron tell me MS does not hurt.
          ( I guess I just enjoy dropping to the floor and peeing and pooping my pants from the pain that is not be there?)

As far as God goes.....We do live in a fallen world. Sometimes good people get handed a large bag of poop. (ever read the book of Job?)

Comment

I agree with you, and HUGE hugs. I would like just a few days break from the pain. That is all.

I hope you get that too. HUGS!!!!
            Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
            ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

hugs

MS can hurt. I hate when my dr tells me 'it doesn't'. YES IT DOES! I would relish a day without pain. I would relish a day where I didn't consider a love affair with a motrin bottle.

I hope you feel better soon or at least find some relief.

Comment

I know, my mother-n-law sits and complains about EVERYTHING!! It's to the piont were I let my kids answer the phone when she calls and I have stopped calling at all!! Because all I hear is how bad she's hurting, and I just want to smack her and say snap out of it!! Her aches and pains are nothing compared to mine I'm sure. And the research I've done says that MS pain his the worst to control also.

~Diagnosed July 2010~ ~Rebif July 2010-June 2011~Copaxone Aug.-Oct 2011~ No more shots for me!!~ I choose quality over quanity!!!

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing myself lately! I seem to have pain from doing the simplest things now. I do very simple pilates and the next day feel like I was hit by a bus!

It leaves me speechless that some doctors say it causes no pain while they are not the ones diagnosed!

Then I hear my family say "it can't be THAT bad.." but why is it considered a disability? should I give you the list of reasons?!

I hope you start feeling much better soon! I will keep you in my prayers and remember to keep your head up!
                  "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power
                  is made perfect in weakness." -2 Cor. 12:9

dx 11.23.10 RRMS

Comment

neuro

Any neuro that told me I was not having pain would be a neuro that would be fired.

MS is a debilitating disease with a physiological cause of the pain. And you deserve to be treated and to be respected.
                    There are medications out there that can help. Park your self in your neuros office until they treat or find a new one that does treat your pain.
                    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

I heard the "no pain" thing from my neuro the first few times. I wondered what the heck I was feeling, then. Later he admitted that there can be pain associated with MS. I think that Drs have to be a bit reserved at first, who knows how many people they see who really just want drugs? A few bad apples have surely ruined it for the rest of us.

My theory is that a bad day is God's way of teaching me patience.
                      What if trials of this life
                      Are Your mercies in disguise?
                      "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Originally posted by Lendi View Post
                        I heard the "no pain" thing from my neuro the first few times. I wondered what the heck I was feeling, then. Later he admitted that there can be pain associated with MS. I think that Drs have to be a bit reserved at first, who knows how many people they see who really just want drugs? A few bad apples have surely ruined it for the rest of us.

My theory is that a bad day is God's way of teaching me patience.
                        My neuro will NOT write RXs for pain meds!! I think it's because where he is located is one of the areas that have the most RX abuse in the STATE!! and another doctor no far away just got sentenced to 9 years in prison for writing to many narcotic RXs!!! But my PCP finally up'd my meprigan to twice a day and gave me refils, yesterday!! FInally I feel like they understand!!

Comment

Working...
                        X