weaning off baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weaning off baclofen

Has anyone tried this? What were your results?
    I've been taking it for about 3 years now and I'm up to 60 mg/day. I have no muscle spasms, just tightness.
    My doctor said if it's not doing much for me, I should probably lower my dose. I'm going to try to reduce to 30 mg/day.
    I appreciate any input!

I don't have a huge amount of experience with this, but going to 1/2 of what you were taking seems like too much of a reduction (at least it's not the way they're weaning me off the oral med after getting the baclofen pump.)

They reduced mine by 10 mg over the course of a couple weeks. Recently my physiatrist took me from 30 down to 20 and told me I can divide it up however best worked for me, but to make sure I took the 20 per day.

There are significant side effects if you withdraw too quickly...check that out on google so you'll know if you're experiencing any of the withdrawal effects.

Also, why not ask your neuro...I'm surprised he didn't give you specifics because, as I said, withdrawal from Baclofen can carry some pretty nasty side effects.

Comment

Thanks rdmc. I am also pretty surprised my neuro wasn't more specific.
      I had a pretty rough day yesterday. I took 45 mg instead of 60. I was very stiff all day, and had a really hard time walking. I will take more today.

Comment

Hi Stacer,

When tapering off Baclofen you should only decrease by 1/2 a pill about every 5 days, for some tapering needs to be even slower.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
        X