Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone has been delivered today - question

OMG

I have had my first delivery today, and have just unpacked all the stuff sent. I have read everything i can on the drug (its my first dmt) and have prepared myself for it. I didnt expect to be so shocked holding it in my hands and realising i now have to inject myself daily.

i have a question though, i am due to go away next month. Flying internally from Luton to Aberdeen (Scotland) and how to i transport the injections?

Hello! Copaxone has a wonderful FREE travel kit for your meds. it's pretty cool. You have to call them and tell them you need it. I think mine took a week to get to me. Also they do have a lock box available as well it will hold your month supply. Don't forget that your Copaxone needs to be refrigerated too. But you can have it room temp for up to 30 days so for your travel it'll be ok...I think I would take it in you carry on luggage though just to be sure it doesn't freeze or get to warm and get ruined. It's too expensive to replace. And then put in the fridge when you reach your destination.

Good luck with your first shot!! It's not as bad as you think. You can also go to the shared solutions website and watch the video on how to use the autoinject device. It pretty much walks you through the whole process that the nurse will go through with you tomorrow but it helps to see it ahead of time. You are doing the best thing for yourself by taking charge and taking the dmd. Good luck and we are here for you.
    Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
    Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

There might be some paperwork involved... we live in Canada and when we went to the U.S. (via car) to my step-son's hockey tournament last year I had to have a form filled out by my Dr. stating what the med is, why it's prescribed, etc. You can probably check with your border crossing services and the airline that you will be flying on. Have a great trip!!!
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

You should have no problem traveling with the medication. They are very used to people having needles, diabetics, and it can be out of the fridge for a while. Definitely don't put it in checked luggage, carry it.
        Bill
        Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I travel frequently, and always put my meds in my carry-on luggage. I also take a copy of the prescription (cut it off the top of the Beta box) and letter from my neuro. They've never asked to see them but I figure it doesn't hurt to have.

Only once have the TSA people opened and inspected the bag that had the meds [Reagan National airport in Washington DC]. But once they saw the blister packs all was fine.

phoebe.

Comment

Working...
          X