Burning sensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning sensation

I have a burning sensation, all over my body. Specially my hands, feet and thighs, is this common?

Burning Sensation

I also get a "burning" or "buzzing" sensation on my right shoulder blade, on both feet between my big toes and second toes and at the base of my baby toe on my left foot. It's SO annoying and I have scratched so hard on the bottom of my foot that I have ripped some of the skin away.

I googled it a while ago and it sounds like it's quite common.

Comment

Hi there, I too get burning sensations. Usually my legs,feet and top of arm. Some times it can start to itch too. This is neuropathic pain and I take amitriptyline for it. I was on 30mg at night, but recently started to reduce this and the burning pain is getting worse. May have to start to up it again. See your doctor who will prescribe something like this or pregabalin or gabapentim. Heather

Comment

diagnosed or limbo land?

hey if you've already been diagnosed with MS then this is probably a symptom of it and you should talk to your neurologist

if you haven't then is might be a symptom and it might be something else. i've run a gauntlet of maybes for my burning feet so far

either way see the doc, get blood tests, rule our B deficiencies (and others), renal problems, contact sensitivities (like allergies), diabetes, uhm, an actual peripheral nerve thing (being on more than one body part suggests its not that) and pretty much everything else. they took 8 viles of blood from me and the reports are a dozen pages long but it needs to be done.

doc should know what to look for i've probably missed something just going by recent experience and a not so reliable memory. good luck, i hate the burning pain with a passion. can totally relate, but it's just in my feet.
        ---------
        Wishing everyone luck and as many good days as possible.

Comment

Burning sensation

Hi
          I've been diagnosed with RRMS. I also get burning sensation several times. To me, Tegretol CR 400 mg response well. My burning pain subside significantly once get this drug. My neurologist had prescribed other drugs such as Neurontin but didn't work to me. So whenever I get burning sensation, I would request my neurologist to prescribe Tegretol CR. 400 mg because this drug work very well to me. See your neurologist, you' ll find the drug that work well to you. Good Luck.

Comment

Burning Sensation reply

I used amitripteline for 16 years for the burning sensation in my hands/feet. I only needed a tiny dose (25 mg). I have had RRMS for 18 years today and now use Lyrica to combat the burning.
            Sz

Comment

Working...
            X