Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night-time agitation

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering if I am the only person who gets very agitated and impatient in the evenings. I am usually the most patient person in the world. But with this most recent flare up of symptoms, I am finding myself a different person in the evenings.

I was the person who snuggled up with my two kids and sang to them and read them book after book (they each have their own special lullaby and bedtime story). We used to do prayers too. I just can't do it anymore. It makes me sick to my stomach at the person I am at night. I just feel so exhausted that I feel like I have this countdown timer that I am racing to beat so that I can get the boys to bed and finally lay down myself. My son asked me why I don't like his giggles anymore at night. It makes me feel just awful.

I talked to my Beau about it and he says that I have more patience then anyone he knows and lately I have been acting like he would be acting if he were me. That's not okay for me. I don't care if he thinks that my impatience is JUSTIFIED because the kids are tough to settle down and get snuggled up into bed. I know that it is up to me how they go to bed and whether the fall asleep happily or crying. My impatience causes me to yell and makes me not want to sing or read.

Augh! I could go on and on about how this makes me feel. I have thought about asking for something for it but what? It is like I am two hours short the energy I need to function at the level I am used to.
    HELP! Does anyone know how I feel???
    Amy

prozac?

[QUOTE=AmyMeBumbleBee;1284461]
    I have thought about asking for something for it but what?

A low dose of prozac may take the edge off and allow you to have a little more patience....it does for me

Comment

I've been having the same issue. My neuro told me that one of my active lesions is actually on the mood part of my brain! Well that would explain it. He actually put me on Wellbutrin and it is starting to work! I have 3 girls (4,6,13)and it seems that I had more patience just tonight than I have since the little one was born. I felt tonight like I did when my oldest was born. I can't believe the difference in me. I'm so amazed and it does take that edge off. I can't wait to feel the full effects of the med. since I just started it. Good luck and God bless.
      Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
      Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Thanks guys!

I really appreciate your advice. I will look into those meds and talk to my doctor. I have always hated the idea of medications but are learning more and more that sometimes you have to have them. I hate that. I wish I could just will myself into having more energy. I am working on that. It is helping some.

inmoni5, that is VERY interesting about where the lesion is located. I will have to look into that too!

Hugs!

Comment

I go through something similar to this...I lie down in bed with intentions of reading awhile or doing crosswords to help brain functions. Then I get so agitated and can't focus but at the same time I don't feel as though I'm quite ready to go to sleep. Very frustration!!

Comment

I recently went through something similar. I found that suddenly every little thing infuriated me. I was terrible to everyone I knew, especially my boyfriend. So I brought it up to my neuro and he put me on Lexapro. Now I feel much better, even if my fuse is a little shorter than it ever was before.
            You can't feel bad about things like this. You can't control what MS is doing to your brain. Unfortunately, we don't get a say in what gets affected next.
            Jessi
            Diagnosed 11/16/2010

Comment

LisMG, I soooo know how you feel. Thanks for sharing that! Hugs!!!

jcooper75, Thank you for that perspective. It does feel like someone is in there re-routing things

Comment

Working...
              X