Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am super early in my MS, but here's my info all the same

April 2010: parasthesia and numbness in the flesh of my right leg and foot

October 2010: parasthesia and numbness in the flesh of my right leg and foot, right side of body to shoulder blades, spasticity in left calf, loss of fine motor control in right hand

Those were 6 months apart, and now that I'm almost 6 months out from my last flare, I'm getting nervous. The only possible pattern I have so far is that (TMI alert!) my cycles correspond to flares. I have an IUD and I rarely menstruate. (Told you it was TMI.) the two times I have in the last year I had flares. Now, two flares and two cycles aren't enough data points to really declare a connection, but I am curious about it and the future.

Comment

I forgot to mention in my post, that since 2010 most of my flares have lasted maybe a week at most and generally went back to (my new) baseline. The first year, they lasted a month to a few months each. I'm assuming that the Copaxone may have helped with the severity, even if it didn't help with preventing it from happening. I'm curious to see how I will react on the interferon instead.

Comment

Beta caused the neutropina

Definitely.

Comment

Before my official diagnosis, I had 3 pronounced flares in four years (who know how many small, subtle ones).

Once there was a diagnosis and found a good neuro who knew MS thoroughly, I tracked about 4 a year. This was before any Disease Modifying Drugs such as Avonex, Betaseron, Copaxone, etc. These flares were treated with steroids, which dramatically shorted the "flare time".

Since starting treatment with Copaxone, learning the importance of rest and eliminating as much stress as possible, I have gone over 10 years without a flare.

I'm sorry about your diagnosis.
          Learning all you can about this progressive disease and fighting it is so important.
          Glad you are here.
          We are here of offer support and share experiences in order to be helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X